Sonic Electronix

Working With Plexiglass, Question.

what is the best way of attaching plexiglass to mdf? is it just by using nuts and bolts?

also, what kind of vinyl sticker did meade use on this?

DSC04559.jpg

DSC04529.jpg

thanks for the help!

I used normal wood screws to attach the plexi, pre-drill ur holes first tho.

frosty vynal sticker is what was used.

k thanks! im just concerned that the plexi might crack or something.

Stick up some pics of your design and I'll give you some ideas.

Just in general if it was me I would put T-nut's in the mdf, then have the plexi, then a trim ring over the plexi.

Machine screws (recessed in the trim ring) (hex head's would look good) trim ring on top of the plexi, then a weatherstrip seal all the way around the plexi between the glass and mdf to give it a good seal.

If you're not going to be able to do the trim ring then atleast machine screws in the plexi with wide washers. If I were to go that route I would paint a strip around the edge of the inside of the plexi to hide the weatherstrip underneath. It will look goofy if you see the weather strip.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

you can use 5/8 with out a problem in most applications if your going to be pre drilling your holes make sure to get plastic/plexi drill bits they are different than your normal drill bit more of a point at the end easily obtainable at your nearest taps plastic etc when you drill the wholes be sure to go in a lil bit than back out push in pull out (thats what she said) you get the idea yes and also use weather stripping between the two single sided adhesive 1/2 inch thick foam tape

must be nice huh

you can use 5/8 with out a problem in most applications if your going to be pre drilling your holes make sure to get plastic/plexi drill bits they are different than your normal drill bit more of a point at the end easily obtainable at your nearest taps plastic etc when you drill the wholes be sure to go in a lil bit than back out push in pull out (thats what she said) you get the idea yes and also use weather stripping between the two single sided adhesive 1/2 inch thick foam tape

I already have a Craftics drill bit, but I've never used it, so thanks for the "In/Out" tip :)

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png