Line Out Converters ( Opinions )

I have an alpine headunit and im very impressed with the sound quality but it only has one pre out for an amp which is used. i need an amp for my front components but want to keep this headunit has anyone every used a line out converter if so what where you opinions on it are they good?

Trunk loc is a pretty good one...

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I always use the PAC 10:1 LOC for installs with a factory headunit. Works great.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

pac or dei are the ones i've used, the pac seems like ti may be a bit higher quality

then theres always audiocontrol, like lc6 or whatver you need, by far the best. They are def the highest quality line output converters you can find, just dont use hooks or deepfry them...

jl audio has the cleansweep which can be used as an loc, havnt had much experience with it in person, only ever saw one in person...wasnt like it was leaps and bounds better than an audiocontrol...or better at all...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

normally rca outputs are fullrange, why not just split it to 2 sets of rcas with a y adapter? and if not get this SGN13.jpg my friend used one of those on a setup he did and said it was the best one money could buy, no distortion and clean signal, and can be had at darvex.com with meade for cupon for a 10%discount i think

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

any brand that you use as long as there are isolation transformers inside will yield a good sound, units with simple voltage dividing resistor networks will just cause noise problems. there might be a chance that you might clip the power outs of the head unit and cause some distortion on the line level output as well. most decks solve that problem with the RCA's coming out of the deck because they don't allow them to ever clip by controlling them with the internal DSP.

Juan Rodriguez

Chief Technology Officer

D'Amore Engineering

T15KW Support Engineer

System.

KVT512 Kenwood Fold Out Monitor

Epic-160 Audio control Indash epicenter

(1)T1500-1BD with T2000.1 Transformer 1700 watts at 2 ohms

(2) T600-2 with T800-2 Transformers 320/ch at 4 ohms

(2) QSD216 Q series MB Quart 6.5 inch components

(3) P3D212 Rockford P3 12inch Subs

(1) Very Loud Altima Coupe!