I'm new to this forum, im usually on ***. But since I am here more and more I'm gonna post up what i have in my car right now. This is suppose to be a temp setup until get a suspension up grade, but it sounds almost to good to change back.

I had an audiopulse axis that (due to some dumbness on my part) blew on of the coils. So I took of the top and decided to use it as a passive radiator. I got 4 E8's from the presale and the E8/PR combination popped in my head one day. Its bein powered by a saz3000 at 4 ohms. The box is 2.4 cubes tuned to 30hz.

I started the build by tearin apart an old box

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

test fit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

passive radiator= free cone area.

looks nice.

The sound is incredible, and the 30hz tuning is great for my stockpile of bass tests as well as for music.

I also lucked out on tuning this, the axis cone was the exact mass that i needed to tune to 30hz.

I'm sure that the video doesn't even do it justice. It sounds like it's incredible by watching in, I can't imagine how good it must sound in person. Those 8's really get that 15" cone moving in that box. I like it. How many times has someone comented that you shouldn't have 2 different size speakers in the same box? Then you just tell them what's going on with it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived