XS Power

Power Master Intellicharger Questions

My brother has the same exact charger as yours and it works great. We use it to maintain 12 Optima G31 yellowtops that are seperated into 2 banks of 6 batteries each. We alternate charging each battery bank every other day. I've only twice seen this thing go into error mode and it's because I ran down the batteries very low before recharging. Even then after one reset and a few more hours on the charger (about 15hrs total) it was in float mode.

What is the resting voltage of your battery? Make sure to check it after it's been sitting for a bit and not straight off the charger. You might also want to do a load test and see how well it holds up.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Hey Scottie, is the PM charger I bought an Intellicharger? I was told it was the 2008 model of 1005 intellicharger, but it does not look at all like the ones I see steve using and others. Nothing on it says intellicharger.

I have had my charger on my one spv70 at 15 amps for 5 days now and it keeps giving me an error each day.

Yes, it's an intellicharger. You should always charge large sealed batteries (anything above 50lbs) in the 25A mode/AGM setting. If after two attempts in the 25A mode you have not reached float mode on a single battery, then I would take the battery to be load tested.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

my main question is, is this the 2008 1005 model of intellicharger that I was told that I was going to be buying that retails for $299?

Mechman said this was the 2008 1005 model, which is looks nothing like at all. I just feel like I was duped over into believe this was the actual intellicharger everyone raves about, and I got this one instead...

Ill give the batteries a whirl on the 25A mode tonight

Ramen... the charger you have is a 2007 model. The price was exactly the same, and only the front decal and a couple of settings were changed between the 2007 and 2008. The functionality of the charger is exactly the same. The internal parts are exactly the same. The logo on the front is really the only difference.

sundownz... some street class competiors use the AGM high setting to charge to a slightly higher voltage level right before their SPL run. Other than that, the AGM high setting is of no real use other than to have one additional votlage selection option.

888-4XS-POWER

• 4 months later...

I am new to my intellicharger as well. I would like to know what settings you should use for regular lead acid batteries? Flooded/Maintenance Free, amperage setting?

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter

1 NVX JAD800.4

2 XS Power XP2000s

8 XS Power XP3000s

10 sets of Team Project DB BA60 Battery Terminals

3 Mechman 270 amp alternators

GETTIN LOUDER DAILY!

I am new to my intellicharger as well. I would like to know what settings you should use for regular lead acid batteries? Flooded/Maintenance Free, amperage setting?

Yes, flooded setting... the amperage will depend on the size of the battery. If it is a standard mid sized car battery, use the 15A setting. If it's G24 or larger, use the 25A setting.

888-4XS-POWER

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, flooded setting... the amperage will depend on the size of the battery. If it is a standard mid sized car battery, use the 15A setting. If it's G24 or larger, use the 25A setting.

Excellent, thanks a bunch Scottie.

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter