CodyB Posted March 14, 2009 Report Posted March 14, 2009 Anyone ever use a power antenna amplifier to boost your radio signals to pick up those staticy stations clearer or are they a waste of money? Specifically this one Best Kits AB150 Just wondering, I live 45-60 minutes outside of Memphis and my city has crap radio stations, I can pick up the M-town ones decently but theres a lot of static so I was wondering if these do anything or are just crap. Any help is appreciated and If this is in the wrong secton sorry. 88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!
CodyB Posted March 19, 2009 Author Report Posted March 19, 2009 So I'm guessing gimick, not gonna waste my money on this... 88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!
audiofanaticz Posted March 19, 2009 Report Posted March 19, 2009 always wanted to try one, theres a decent radio station about 50 miles away and only comes in on clear days. never bought one because what i all heard is they are junk and really dont do much if anything. No need for one now with xm either
Shyne151 Posted March 19, 2009 Report Posted March 19, 2009 I've never used one of those types... but I have put in metra's amplified antenna(http://www.audio-warehouse.com/detail.asp?mdl=44-UA200) and they are pretty good. -Installer for Duke's Car Stereo 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune. RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4 Boston Acoustics SPG 555 Kenwood eXcelon 995 RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000
Beanz Posted March 19, 2009 Report Posted March 19, 2009 i think those are to get cleaner signals like FM radio to have near CD quality and AM stations to have FM clarity.i think pioneer has one but they may be the same thing though. That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.