XS Power

How Many Volt Can U Run On The Powermasters Battery?

i will be useing a 12v batt in front and 2 16 v batt in the back so how much stepdown box do i need ?

Well you can simply add up the fuse values for all of your 12V electrical and take a sum of that divided by 25 and that should tell you how many stepdown boxes you will need. Chances are you would be better off with one of these alternatives:

1) Stick to 12V

2) Keep your 12V alt and add a second 16V alt

3) Forget the 12V limitations and push all 16V through your cars 12V side! =@

(just kidding on #3)

Well you can simply add up the fuse values for all of your 12V electrical and take a sum of that divided by 25 and that should tell you how many stepdown boxes you will need. Chances are you would be better off with one of these alternatives:

1) Stick to 12V

2) Keep your 12V alt and add a second 16V alt

3) Forget the 12V limitations and push all 16V through your cars 12V side! =@

(just kidding on #3)

do anyone know how to wire the step down module ?

do anyone know how to wire the step down module ?

LOL, it is so simple. There is a single input wire (16V) and two outputs (2.4V and 3.6V stepdown). PM says to use the 3.6V output when using it with an alternator, but it all depends on your alt voltage. Basically you take your alt voltage minus the 2.4V or 3.6V, depending on the output you choose, and that will give you your reduced 12V charge voltage.

Example:

Your 16V alt charge rate is 19.2V

You use the 3.6V stepdown output

Your 12V system will see 15.6V

Now if you used the 2.4V stepdown output in the same system, your 12V system would see 16.8V. That would be too high for most cases.

If you need more than one stepdown, you simply wire them in parallel.

LOL, it is so simple. There is a single input wire (16V) and two outputs (2.4V and 3.6V stepdown). PM says to use the 3.6V output when using it with an alternator, but it all depends on your alt voltage. Basically you take your alt voltage minus the 2.4V or 3.6V, depending on the output you choose, and that will give you your reduced 12V charge voltage.

Example:

Your 16V alt charge rate is 19.2V

You use the 3.6V stepdown output

Your 12V system will see 15.6V

Now if you used the 2.4V stepdown output in the same system, your 12V system would see 16.8V. That would be too high for most cases.

If you need more than one stepdown, you simply wire them in parallel.

will that be safe way for the car electrical system ? so should i used 2 volt meter one for the 12 v and the 16v ?

so what u think about the kinetik 16v batt i see u can run it without the stepdown module but is it better than the 16v power master batt and the step down module ? which one it the safe way?

By the time you get 2 or three modules maybe more to run your car you would have the money to run a stock alt along with the higher voltage alt.That is by far the best way to do it.

so what u think about the kinetik 16v batt i see u can run it without the stepdown module but is it better than the 16v power master batt and the step down module ? which one it the safe way?

If anything, id do your main battery under with the kinetik 12/16 volt battery having to eliminate the stepdown regulators, but if I remember right the powermaster 16v batts walk all over kinetik.

I remember reading about the 12/16 volt batts and a problem with them is them getting a full charge becuase of the multi cell.

As said in the flyier scotty cent me recently it says

The design of the three post battery consists of eight cells with one negative terminal, a positive 12v terminal on the 6th cell, and a positive 16v terminal on the eigth cell.

The problem with this method comes with charging the battery. Since the usage is never balanced (meaning the exact same drain on the 12v post as on the 16v post), charging can never be balanced. Once side or the other is either going to be undercharged (and therefore less effective), or overcharged (damaging and reducing the life of the battery).

Therefore, after extensive research, it is our opinion that a stepdown module used with a true 16v battery is more effective in mixed voltage situations where sensitive 12v components are needed or used.

will it be 100% safe with the module ?

Yes 199% safe with the stepdown regulators!

But as someone else said, these stepdown regulators get expensive quick. I cant totally recall the price, but your looking at least $75-99 for 1 powermaster regulator (depending where you order).

And your going to need 2 stepdown regulators at least (most likely 3) since the powermaster stepdown is only rated for 50 amp output.

There are cheaper stepdown modules on the market that are like 40amp rms and 80 amp peak, but there still $40+ and made cheaply with no way to distribute heat.

going 16 volt gets kinda expensive :(

with my d3100s, i charged them with my externally regulated iraggi 300 amp alt at 15.5 daily, and left my car plugged in at home when not in use with a constant 2amp trickle charge.

Edit: Scotty J, thanks again for the sticker hookup, and if you see this. Id like a powermaster banner for in my garage. Let me know what it cost? :)

Edited by Bangin Caddy

If anything, id do your main battery under with the kinetik 12/16 volt battery having to eliminate the stepdown regulators, but if I remember right the powermaster 16v batts walk all over kinetik.

I remember reading about the 12/16 volt batts and a problem with them is them getting a full charge becuase of the multi cell.

As said in the flyier scotty cent me recently it says

Yes 199% safe with the stepdown regulators!

But as someone else said, these stepdown regulators get expensive quick. I cant totally recall the price, but your looking at least $75-99 for 1 powermaster regulator (depending where you order).

And your going to need 2 stepdown regulators at least (most likely 3) since the powermaster stepdown is only rated for 50 amp output.

There are cheaper stepdown modules on the market that are like 40amp rms and 80 amp peak, but there still $40+ and made cheaply with no way to distribute heat.

going 16 volt gets kinda expensive :(

with my d3100s, i charged them with my externally regulated iraggi 300 amp alt at 15.5 daily, and left my car plugged in at home when not in use with a constant 2amp trickle charge.

Edit: Scotty J, thanks again for the sticker hookup, and if you see this. Id like a powermaster banner for in my garage. Let me know what it cost? :)

my car is 96 corolla so 2 step down module and 1 16v batt in the front and 2 16v batt in the rear or run 3400 in the front and 2 3100 in the rear ?