Is This A Decent Product For Insulating Speakers?

solo z

i was on ebay and i found these simple looking cups, anyone else here try them out? will these really improve clarity? if not i wont waste my money but i always hear people talk about deadening/enclosing mids for better performance. thinking about getting these for my infinity reference 6x8comps and 6 1/2comps. will be going in a 2000 accord coupe......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=110362617896

ive heard those maked em sound like shit from some ppl on here but steve has em in the hoopty behind the 10'' sub cause he couldn't get em over all of the 6&1/2s but i dont see why they would sound bad, im thinkin bout some myself really, but if not i was just gunna redo my door pod thing with 1/4'' burch and be done with it, maby build a lil box on the backside of it n fiberglass it so the water inside the door wont mess it up

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i used a set off crutchfield back in the day

they came a size too big, like the 4in ones fit 5.25 in speakers, not 4 in speakers

and it sounded like poop...it did some funky stuff, it like wiggled and wobbled with my little 4 inch mids and just made them do funky stuff

reinforce it with fiberglass though ,and its like running them in a very very small sealed enclosure

peaky and still funky sounding...mids are supposed to be freeair...putting them in an enclosure like that messes it up imo

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I have them behind my 4x6"s in my truck and they do their job and keep your speakers dry, as for sound difference, I haven't noticed any really because I don't rely on my 4x6"s to do any work at the 50hz range anyway. I've got them cut off at 200hz, and will rely on 6 1/2" components to do work at 80hz. I have a pair of those baffles for those as well, but since I cant get any components just yet I'll have to wait and tell you how thew work for those.

I say they are a good thing to have, but depending on for what application. They are not stiff at all, so using them behind a speaker doing 30hz will just make them flex like a balloon and could have an impact on the sound, but for a speaker doing higher frequencies I can't see how they wouldn't do anything but help. So I like 'Em.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived