Sundown Audio

Hifonics Bxi 610

slugdub

I am just trying to figure out what makes this such a good amp and why it such a great price:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=20597

It says its an A/B but in reality its a D because of the chip. Is that right?

Also, what is with all the Subsonic Filter hype, is that something I'm not going to find in other amps and will that really damage my CVR's?

I'm super close to buying this thing, but I just am trying to sort through fact and fiction. Would this really be a better amp than some other brand with a few more watts?

images-1.jpg

Oh well. I just bought it. It should be perfect for two CVR, its got great customer service, good warranty & the resale value is the upside of the hype.

Some guy was trying to sell a Brutus (the one thats like 1100 @ 2 ohms ) on Craiglist last night for $37 less than its new & I think he did. I got no response.

Also, per the fella @ Hitronics I spoke to, that is the only website that gives you their 1 yr warranty with the purchase, so I skipped ebay this time.

images-1.jpg

and you want subsonic filter if you have a ported box so your subs wont get damaged. a sealed box you can just turn it off *if i remember correctly*

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

and you want subsonic filter if you have a ported box so your subs wont get damaged. a sealed box you can just turn it off *if i remember correctly*

see, that is what I thought. Yes, the box is ported and I do not want to break anything (because things get broke as it already is when I'm the owner)

images-1.jpg

i've always like the brutus line for low budget amps. They aren't going to break any records but they'll move your cvrs for a decent price.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

600 watts aint enough for your 2 cvr's

Well, my options were limited. Every place in town is sold out on the Infinity 611a (which I had my heart set on) and the next step up is JBL arsenal (which are overpriced at $200, I think).... so this was a good compromise (over those stupid Alpines)

Plus (I'm lazy so..) it should run fine on my existing Rockford 8 gauge wire. I just can't justify a top of the line 4 gauge kit ($100 for wire?) or wiring up shite quality 4 gauge for a slightly bigger amp.

You never can have "too much bass" but I can imagine overkill here lol

images-1.jpg

600 watts true rms is enough fro cvr's

that hifonics 600 watts isnt enough imo

i blew mine with about 800 watts, but that was when i didnt know much and had it full blast for two hours straight, probaably clipping alot with the shit signal from an alpine 9870...

the infinity 611a, and newer 1600a are really good amps, my 1600a (which i had on my cvrs for a while before selling it to a friend and then he sold it back to my cousin, and its still going great like 2 years later) was a little tank.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC