Second Skin Audio

Two Of My L7s Blew...ughhhh

I was running 4 Kicker L7 12s off of a Kicker ZX 2500. Today I noticed my amp was blinking green and red at the same time which told me that the wiring configuration was wrong. I check my subs and two of the wires had fallen out. At first I thought all four of my subs blew but I realized only two had blown. So now I am down two 12s and I am so frustrated because I was about to sell all my 12s and get two DC lvl 4 18's. Now I feel like just selling everything and screw having a system. I mean, I still got the ZX2500, the box and two working 12s but its just so frustrating now this happened...especially right before I was about to get 2 18s. Idk what I should do now, I just feel like saying "F" it and calling it a day. What should I do?

Edited by loganuf

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

oh and to make it even more frustrating, I just went to the SBN 09 and after I had so much motivation do go bigger with my system but now I have been set back so much with this situation.

Edited by loganuf

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

I would say don't give up one of your passions because something goes wrong, sell what still works and get the lvl 4's.

You might be able to recone the L7's, I'm not sure if Kicker offers recone kits.

I believe Kicker only recones the solo x's, not the L7's. It's just so frustrating for this to happen.

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

You can't get recones on L7s to my knowledge. Don't give up though man, you can still sell those and make enough to pay for one of those 18"s, then you're almost there just not as close as you would have been if the latter had occured. Keep your chin up and don't let that get to you, it could be worse.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

I would say don't give up one of your passions because something goes wrong, sell what still works and get the lvl 4's.

You might be able to recone the L7's, I'm not sure if Kicker offers recone kits.

2x, keep your head up bro

ntm, you should watch your choice of words man... i know this situation suck, but you could be potentially offending some people by the terminology you used

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

ntm, you have a great amp, i love those kicker zx2500's man. you can still run those lvl4 18's of that amp, so do that and start working. You can sell you other 2 L7 for like $250... then save up alil more money.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif