So Which Setup?

well, i have one of 3 choices. i'm not worried about getting all this good audio and whatnot. it's just something for my computer and something kinda small. right now, i'm running a 300 watt 2 channel amp, a dual 60 watt h/u, 1 6.5" roadmaster, 5 durabrand tweeters. i have 4 choices.....

1. i can get 2 more sets of roadmasters and have 5 roadmaster mids and 5 tweeters(not counting the ones in the roadmaster box. i take those out)

2. take away the tweeters and just get 5 brand new sets of the roadmasters making it 10 mids(in this case, i'll leave the tweeters in just for the heck of it)

3. get a 3 channel amp and leave all the tweeters PLUS 4 new sets of roadmasters making it 9 mids and 5 tweeters(no roadmaster)

can you help me pick?? once again, it's just for a computer so i'm not looking for anything window shaking as you can see from my ideas. it's pretty loud as is, i just want to make it a bit louder.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

• 1 month later...

Coming from a home audio guy...

Dump the lot and buy a decent used hi-fi and hook that to the PC.

Having 5 tweeters will seriously mess up your imaging, not to mention sounding very harsh (I assume they're not padded down?), and 5 midwoofers are just a mess unless you use them in a line array. Note that car midwoofers are designed with a high Q to be used in an open baffle, just like how the door is.

Coming from a home audio guy...

Having 5 tweeters will seriously mess up your imaging, not to mention sounding very harsh (I assume they're not padded down?), and 5 midwoofers are just a mess unless you use them in a line array. Note that car midwoofers are designed with a high Q to be used in an open baffle, just like how the door is.

well, i'm going for imaging. and they sound kinda harsh because they're durabrand. not that great. lol. and i'm not going for GREAT sound. just okay considering it'll be cheap. but i deff need more mids if i'm keeping the highs because right now, the highs are KILLING the 1 mid. doesn't sound very good.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

well, i'm going for imaging. and they sound kinda harsh because they're durabrand. not that great. lol. and i'm not going for GREAT sound. just okay considering it'll be cheap. but i deff need more mids if i'm keeping the highs because right now, the highs are KILLING the 1 mid. doesn't sound very good.

Don't take this the wrong way, but unless you're using the tweeters as part of a line array to take advantage of close-coupling, there is really no reason to have 5 of them. Increasing the number of drivers increases power handling but it won't affect sensitivity. You need only one tweeter per side, along with one midwoofer on each side and a sub. 5 tweeters means you'll be getting comb filtering and since the sound isn't coming from a point source (or as close to one as you can get), bad imaging.

Don't take this the wrong way, but unless you're using the tweeters as part of a line array to take advantage of close-coupling, there is really no reason to have 5 of them. Increasing the number of drivers increases power handling but it won't affect sensitivity. You need only one tweeter per side, along with one midwoofer on each side and a sub. 5 tweeters means you'll be getting comb filtering and since the sound isn't coming from a point source (or as close to one as you can get), bad imaging.

no, it's fine. and i ment NOT going for imaging. i put i am by accident. well i'll probably just take out 2 of them and leave 3. one above my screen, and one on each side of my room. then i'll get new sets of roadmasters but not a sub. i was thinking about it but i don't want to spend that much money.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

• 2 weeks later...

This.

Even if you are not going for imaging, or a great sounding set-up, at least gets something hlaf way decent and you will be a lot happier than you will with any of the stuff you have now.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

get a 2 sets of logitech x-240 2.1 systems for $60 shipped on ebay man. worth every nickel.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Archived