Sundown Audio

Remote Not Cutting Amp Off?

ChevyBoy

Take the remote wire OUT of the amp, does the amp shut off immediately? If so I think don't think it's a problem with the amp.

Now with the wire out, measure the voltage on the wire with the head unit ON and OFF and post the results.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

i highly doubt it but maybe the toggle switch is allowing the current to flow even with the car off, similar to being able to eject the cd with the car off.. have you tried removing the toggle switch and just running the remote wire directly to amp and see if the problem still occurs?

but what current? thats the thing. there is no current when the head unit is off. lol

oo sorry i thought you ment jsut when you turn the head unit off not the whole car.

is your remote wire hooked to the actual remote turn off lead or the red 12v power ?

its not hooked to ignition lol (even though it would do the same thing)

wow the "amp guru" told you the same thing i told you, and you acted like i was retarded

hey, u even admitted u were having a bad night haha but i dont see how it could be the amp, or the head unit. this makes absolutely no sense
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

naw i'm not nessicarily saying hooked to ignition.

The rem on my deck don't work no clue why but i just have it hooked on the red 12 volt on the deck. works when ever the deck is turned on even if car isn't started

just and idea

the red wire is the ignition wire. the yellow is the constant.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I'm trying to see if I read this right. You have a toggle switch inline of the remote wire, and it was giving you a -0.5 reading with the switch in the off position? How is the switch mounted? maybe a stray wire strand crossing connection at the leads of the toggle switch?

*your mom* <- your mom is my signature! daaaaaaang!

I'm trying to see if I read this right. You have a toggle switch inline of the remote wire, and it was giving you a -0.5 reading with the switch in the off position? How is the switch mounted? maybe a stray wire strand crossing connection at the leads of the toggle switch?

switch was on, but head unit was off. and trust me, no stray wires.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived