Sundown Audio

Remote Not Cutting Amp Off?

ChevyBoy

Ok so useing the turn on from Deck? Not using your actual ignition... I see.. Check the voltage at the deck then...

Also just a 2wire toggle? Not the ones that need seperate power and ground for light or whatever...?

pain in the ass to check it at the deck. its going to read the same at the amp. and yes, just a standard on/off toggle
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I think we can all agree you've got a jacked up situation...

So all I can think is for some reason your headunit is leaking SOME sort of current through your remote line (whether it be positive or negative)

Really weird man... I know amps have an internal relay system usually, and with mine I can listen and hear it activate when I turn on my stereo. I wonder if headunits don't do the same? Maybe you could possibly listen really closely to your headunit as it's turning on and off and see if there's an internal relay that's not doing like it should on power on and off.

Either way man, I'm guessing you're going to give it some testing and whatnot tomorrow, I wish you the best of luck and hope you find something that's an easy fix. Please come back and let us know what you find out.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

take a wire and wrap it around a fuse that you know has power when the car is on and doesn't when the ignition is off. i use the fuse for my radio.

then run that to your toggle switch. if it doesn't work at first don't worry just wrap the wire around the opposite prong on the fuse and put it in the same way.

i do this in every install i ever do.

it not your amp man. the fact that when you flip the toggle switch it cuts off your amp eliminates any chance of it being the amp.

its not your toggle switch because it did its job.

its the source for your remote.

exactly how is your remote wired up? if im reading this correctly, im seeing some type of switch between the h/u and the amp rem terminal, am i right? if yes, may i ask why? unhook the remote wire you are currently using from amp to isolate it from the amp for a minute. use a wire to jump from amp B+ to remote terminal, if the amp turns on, then off when you pull the wire this is what i would do.... run a remote wire direct from h/u to amp, if amp turns on and off with the h/u you know the cause is the switch inbetween you're using. the question im having is why do you have a toggle hook up to it to begin with?

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

exactly how is your remote wired up? if im reading this correctly, im seeing some type of switch between the h/u and the amp rem terminal, am i right? if yes, may i ask why? unhook the remote wire you are currently using from amp to isolate it from the amp for a minute. use a wire to jump from amp B+ to remote terminal, if the amp turns on, then off when you pull the wire this is what i would do.... run a remote wire direct from h/u to amp, if amp turns on and off with the h/u you know the cause is the switch inbetween you're using. the question im having is why do you have a toggle hook up to it to begin with?

That was the issue he was asking about. Even with two HUs, the amp won't turn off unless he kills the remote wire with the switch

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I've had issues where the remote would only turn on certain amps, or would turn the amp on no matter what it was touching (pos, ground, different amp chassis, etc..). I still haven't figured out why. It's possible that somewhere after HU, but before the switch you may be grounding out. I only say that because of the recent troubles I had. My fix was to rerun an entire new wire and put the amps on a different battery. Even after checking the wire, it was fine.... I'm still baffled by that whole situation...

[email protected]

That was the issue he was asking about. Even with two HUs, the amp won't turn off unless he kills the remote wire with the switch

ok, so the switch was added to kill the amp because it doesnt turn off with the h/u like it should? now it seems like a short to power is going on behind the h/u in the dash area before the switch

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

ok, so the switch was added to kill the amp because it doesnt turn off with the h/u like it should? now it seems like a short to power is going on behind the h/u in the dash area before the switch

no, the switch is there so i can shut the amp off completely whenever i want.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I've had issues where the remote would only turn on certain amps, or would turn the amp on no matter what it was touching (pos, ground, different amp chassis, etc..). I still haven't figured out why. It's possible that somewhere after HU, but before the switch you may be grounding out. I only say that because of the recent troubles I had. My fix was to rerun an entire new wire and put the amps on a different battery. Even after checking the wire, it was fine.... I'm still baffled by that whole situation...

If the switch works, and HU puts out no voltage when off on the remote wire, then it's at least in this location.

[email protected]

Archived