Long story short, went to audio shop to rewire my voltage meter to see where i'm at DC POWERS FTMW don't drop below 12.

Dude comes in as im ready to leave and asks them for a estimate on car alarm. I ask him if he had a system *cough 2 sony 12's xplods cough* "Gotta Start Somewhere"" and a Sony Xplod amp. Asked him if he wanted a demo and ended up like 20 minutes straight, even with the windows up shop & there neighbors was getting annoyed. Keep in mind they talked down to DC and compared it to a mmats juggernaught copy. So, I end up demoing him and he makes beats/raps and let him hear some of his own shit on a real system and needless to say he's interested in my set up. I told him all about SMD, and asked him bout his knowledge of audio and he's as clueless as a duck trying to swim with no feet. So, I just got a voice mail bout 10 minutes ago he wants to check out the forum, and whatnot and look for his own set up.

I would reccommend two dc lvl 3's 12's and like a 1000 watt amp but I don't know how much money/power he wants. Needless to say I gave him the DC Audio bug, and Rusty will have a new customer. The shop mainly pushes memphis which after hearing a demo from the 2 15' Mojo walls is not bad, but i've been in louder. I don't wanna see this kid ending up like I did when I first got started and knew nothing about audio and blew my money on shit.

He'd most likely have it in the trunk, it's a nice sports car I dunno what brand/model but it's better than mine lol.

Anyways, I need some suggestions for this cat, If he's on a budget what would be something decently priced but LOUD?

I have no idea about a box but I'm sure I can come up with something.

Dc

RE

FI

I'm looking for like $200 a speaker for him or $150 a speaker?

Something that can handle 1000 rms 1500wrms.

As for the amp I have no clue either.

He has no knowledge accept commercial brands.

So, who would like to help this guy out?

list some ideas & brands and all that jazz.

he says he wants POWER so I would say a 2000 rms amp atleast.

Thanks for looking and if he see's this and all the replies we will have another new member on the forum tonight.

So, don't let us down and show him what SMD is all about.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

MOJOs ain't bad eh? Come listen to mine. ;)

I know ur shits loud, im just saying for a WALL it wasn't LOUD it was loud for 2000 rms.

he's going with 4 15' Subwoofers in a wall think mojo's that should be LOUD.

EDIT: let's stay on topic.

so far he's leaning towards DC.

what kind of amp?

brand?

ect ect.

let's get sum ideas.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

you got my PM.

and ive got a US Amps XT4000D for sale as well.

1500 RMS x 1 @ 1 ohm

EDIT

i think he'll def like the lvl 3 4sho. get em 1000+ watts rms, in a 4cube box, 6'' ports.... that would beat

idk man. id stick with the rated rms until he learns what clipping and distrotion is.

Edited by dwright27

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

you got my PM.

and ive got a US Amps XT4000D for sale as well.

1500 RMS x2 @ 1 ohm

Thanks man, any1 else who wanna get rid of a amp or subs or w.e feel free to post ur stuff as a suggestion, this is not a SALES thread, so PM me only.

I have no experience building a box and the shop would charge $300 minium for a specification box.

Personally, you can't go wrong with RF but it's a bit pricey, he's interested in the Crunch Line, mayb a Crunch Gp 2500.?

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

People really start out that huge huh? I got freaked out hooking up 656 watts rms last night for the first time. It seemed to want to rattle my whole garage apart.

I was all paranoid it was going to be like a beacon drawing in the thugs to my location :D

Odd that it didn't dim the lights though. I guess class D is really that good.

images-1.jpg

Well if he's leaning towards DC and about 2k RMS, then LVL4s would be right up his alley. Coupled with a DAT 2500.1

EDIT: And as long as you know how to cut wood (or he does) we can help design a good box for them PLEASE don't pay 300 for a box...

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Well if he's leaning towards DC and about 2k RMS, then LVL4s would be right up his alley. Coupled with a DAT 2500.1

EDIT: And as long as you know how to cut wood (or he does) we can help design a good box for them PLEASE don't pay 300 for a box...

I told him GO BIG or GO HOME. what's the point in fucking $500 on 2 15's and rigging it, when a guy with 1 12' with correct box, and electrical is louder? so he's taking all my advice, and wants to check out the forum, i am sure this thread will motivate him.

what's the price on Diablo? I been wanting to check those out.

you got my pm david.

while were on topic of boxes

what would be specs for a 2 dc lvl 4's duel 1's in a ported box tuned to like 38 hz? in a 2007 chevy cobalt trunk set up, subs facing forward seats folded down, eventually trunk sealed, and blow thru where the 6x'9s are

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19