Sundown Audio

Orion D5000 Fuse Placement ?

micahmye

Seems like a not so smart amp design, you could do a run of 0 gauge to the amp fuse the 0 gauge. then use a distro block to make it into 2 4 gauge wires

You have to put a fuse in no matter what amp it is.

You put it on the positive cable coming off of the battery, try and keep it as close to the battery as possible.

Are you new to this I'm guessing?

EDIT: just re read this, Gotcha now.

Depending on what amperage the recommended fuse is, I would suppose you just want it coming off of that main feed, then after splitting the heavy gauge into the two 4 gauge you can run them straight in. Or, if it's more feasible you could have two runs of 4 gauge straight off of the battery to the amp, but both must be fused, and in that case you would use two fuses that add up to the recommended amperage.

Edited by The Performer

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Seems like a not so smart amp design, you could do a run of 0 gauge to the amp fuse the 0 gauge. then use a distro block to make it into 2 4 gauge wires

It's like that for a reason. ;)

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

why? Is it two boards internally bridged?

No if I'm correct it's for doing exactly what I was saying about running two runs of 4 gauge from the battery.

In the 06 models of the HCCA the manual said that you could use either one.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

No if I'm correct it's for doing exactly what I was saying about running two runs of 4 gauge from the battery.

In the 06 models of the HCCA the manual said that you could use either one.

Your right dude, The funny thing is that the fuse holder included has only two 4ga terminals (in/out). I want to feed it 2 4ga feeds but theres only one fuse, I have KnuKonceptz 4ga from the batteries and if you know KnuKonceptz their wiring is pretty thick and there is no way I can fit two 4ga leads in that 4ga terminal of the fuse holder.

In the manual it says 250amp fuse is recommended. which is what it comes with, but I would think I should utilize both sets of power terminals which means to me I need to fuse both positive lines. Which means I need another fuse holder, Am I correct?

get a fusable 0g-4g distro block

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/productD...amp;ParentID=-1

something like that...my .02, or a simple one, wtvr...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i've got an orion 2500D, went and got some $10 distro's from 1/0 to (3) 4 gauge, i just fused the 1/0 in the front and called it a day

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0