Sundown Audio

Here We Go Again...

Neo_frog

Next build amps  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which amps should I go with for the next build 24k?

• (6) Memphis MCD4KWs as planned
    • (3) Stetsom 7kd (12V system so no 10k)
    • Other... please list below

I can't seem to find any pricing on those... I read about them and they fit all my criteria. Do they have a competitor program where I can buy directly through DD?

no they dont but the z2 was under 2000$ i believe

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

how much power are you tryin to get? 24,000? 6 sundown 3500's would be cool or the DD route

if he was to go with 6 anything i believe it would be the mojos because he already has 2-4 of them

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

if he was to go with 6 anything i believe it would be the mojos because he already has 2-4 of them

Yeah, that's kinda the plan as of now since my shop gives me so much incentive to buy from them. I do, however, plan on upgrading the amps in the future. Hell, I might just stick with some D1s, run three MOJOs, then upgrade to bigger amps, or a bunch of smaller ones.

I gotta wait and see how my space issues play out once I start the build. Enclosure and batteries comes first before I buy any equipment.

EDIT: But I still need the recommendations. ;)

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Yeah, that's kinda the plan as of now since my shop gives me so much incentive to buy from them. I do, however, plan on upgrading the amps in the future. Hell, I might just stick with some D1s, run three MOJOs, then upgrade to bigger amps, or a bunch of smaller ones.

I gotta wait and see how my space issues play out once I start the build. Enclosure and batteries comes first before I buy any equipment.

EDIT: But I still need the recommendations. ;)

Those mojo 4k's at 16 volts can hang with the stetoms db wise I've played allot with the 4k at 16 volts pretty bad ass

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

VFL 1000.1's Always wantned to see those in a build.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

which mojo amps the old ones liked to burn at low voltage and these new ones seem to be overly protective

I have the 'old' ones. 2008 model. And yes, they burn easy, but as long as electrical is up to par, there are no problems. I nuked a few back in the day when I didn't know what I was doing. I know my car right now (and me) could handle three of them with my current setup being very careful. :lol:

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

OTHER!

2 T15K's.............

Oh wait, that's already been done by that Meade guy! :P

Since I took the plunge and abandoned my loyalty to Hifonics, I am gonna say go Stetsom, are they not friendlier on electrical compared to Memphis?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

OTHER!

2 T15K's.............

Oh wait, that's already been done by that Meade guy! :P

Since I took the plunge and abandoned my loyalty to Hifonics, I am gonna say go Stetsom, are they not friendlier on electrical compared to Memphis?

We. Have taken our stetsoms down to 9.7 volts befor it clips into portect never seen blow due to low voltage it just won't play if you try

Have you ever had your woofers blown?