Sonic Electronix

5th Dead Speaker In The Same Door...wtf?

So the first speaker i had in the door was an Alpine type S and it blew cuz it had a hole in the surround and the cone was cracked.

Second, fourth, and third speakers were some cheap Insignias that i bought when i first got my jeep, they are rated at 50 watts rms, and they all blew within a weak of instillation.

And the fifth speaker i just swapped in today from the rear hatch of my jeep to the front door was also an Alpine Type S, worked fine in the rear...instantly blew in the front door. Im running an alpine MRP-F300 which does 50w rms x 4, so i cant see why the Insignias blew from that...maybe they really are just that shitty.

All other speaker are running fine and none have blown since i initially installed them, which was about a year and a half ago, except the front passenger door which keeps eating everything i throw at it.

Now i had always thought i was just blowing them cuz i played my music too loud but after i blew the Type S today right after moving it from the rear to the front im starting to think something is wrong my amp. Im still not sure if its the amp or just that it was the speakers time to go...but im gonna be getting some Phoenix Gold comps in the future so i wanna get this thing solved before i put them in so any ideas of why they would do that would be cool.

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Maybe a short in your wire?

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

absolutely something wrong with the wiring somewhere. double check it all

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

well i dont know if it would be even close to my problem but im always blowing speakers on my doors, ( but i have 6 in each) i just learned that i have 4 on each door with bad tweet/woofer and have to be replaced, im only puting 50rms to each speaker which is mfg amount, but i belive it has alot to do with how i play, ill demo for anyone at the audio shop, and give it all she has untill im done or the person geting the demo is done and ran out the van, but it boils down to proper seting of the amp, youre sending dirty power to the speaker burning it up like im doing with mine, so get a speaker that can take the power and then have the amp properly set so you wont burn any more up

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

the amp is as properly set as it can be with a DMM, if i had a oscilloscope or knew how to use one then it would be even more accurate but yea that was the first thing i took care of when i installed the amp. the high pass filter is at 100hz and all the channels are set to high pass.

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

well i dont know if it would be even close to my problem but im always blowing speakers on my doors, ( but i have 6 in each) i just learned that i have 4 on each door with bad tweet/woofer and have to be replaced, im only puting 50rms to each speaker which is mfg amount, but i belive it has alot to do with how i play, ill demo for anyone at the audio shop, and give it all she has untill im done or the person geting the demo is done and ran out the van, but it boils down to proper seting of the amp, youre sending dirty power to the speaker burning it up like im doing with mine, so get a speaker that can take the power and then have the amp properly set so you wont burn any more up

theres more things that can blow a speaker besides dirty power

you dont really need a high pass filter on your speakers since they have a built in one

doesnt hurt now does it? nope.

trying switching the back channel to the front and front channel to the back. see how long it lasts then. also, what type of wiring do you have? i take it you ran all new wires to your doors correct?

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

trying switching the back channel to the front and front channel to the back. see how long it lasts then. also, what type of wiring do you have? i take it you ran all new wires to your doors correct?

yea it all RF 12gauge speaker wire with some Knu wire in there, im kinda out of speakers to swap in atm lol but i'll take my last type S from the back hatch and put it in the door when i have some time and switch the RCA's

any chance there is moisture in the door?

lol yea there's plenty of moisture, but the hatch is perfectly dry and i took the speaker out of there and put it in the door. Then 10min later i took a drive around the block to see how it sounds and it started to make weird noises, turned it down and figured it was nothing, turned it back up and the noise got louder and louder until i took it out of the door and strapped it to my mono amp and smoked it from frustration.

Anyway i never heard of moisture blowing speakers, is that common?

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

check the polarity of your speakers.

maybe you have the positives and negatives reversed on that one door.