Second Skin Audio

Question On Inverting Subs

do you wire em in reverse if there inverted so that they act as if there still in the box normally?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

This is just from what I've read, so you may or may not want to wait for someone else to chime in, but I think as long as you don't have one firing in and another firing out, you don't have to reverse the wiring.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

This is just from what I've read, so you may or may not want to wait for someone else to chime in, but I think as long as you don't have one firing in and another firing out, you don't have to reverse the wiring.

X2

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

it should respond just the same inverted or mounted regularly.

u only need to wire outta phase if the subs are outta phase of each other

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

thats what i was thinking, they look sexy as hell inverted to, the basket looks alot better than the cone imo, and i had to do it this way due to "i didn't want to take the time to cut the hole bigger for them to fit the other way," but anyways still kicks ass for what it is

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

for sq, you may want to reverse the polarity to get everything sounding right, but then again that is something that may have to be done regardless of being inverted or normal

some of those golden ear SQ buffs would notice the difference, but chances are your h/u has a polarity switcher (i know most pioneers, and some kenwoods/alpines have it) or your amp has a phase switch

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I have my T2's inverted and they sound the same both ways wired correctly.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

lol back like 10 or so years ago my buddy had two 15" kicker comps in a sealed box and for a month i woyld stomp his shit with my jbl power 12s cuz he had one sub inverted and one reg but had all the witing + on + and - on - so it was way off lol but he was hard headed(like most kids haha) and wouldnt hear me out on changin the wires on the inverted one lol. but he did after enogh bull from me and all was good after. sorry a lil off topic but this topic brought back that funny memory for me lol. at that time they made loud sound so we didnt really take the time to listen. in my galant vr4 though i had 12" mtx 8000s all inverted and fiberglassed in the spare tire well and i didnt notice a dif and sounded great.

lol, this aint my system tho, its in my friends car, but ima work on it tommrow and recut the sub holes and mount em normally n see how it sounds, i was thinkin with the subs regular wont air be forced into the pole piece to cool it? i always thought due to no backpressure on the motor it wont stay as cool inverted, and its ran off a stock headunit with a line out box for now till she gets a cdplayer, still sounds good as hell tho,ima run some speakerwire from my truck to her car n see what them 10's can do with there full rms :spiteful:

Actually a motor can run a wee bit cooler outside the enclosure. Instead of having that 100-200 litres of air to cool with, it has access to a whole environment of moving fresh air. And the pressure in the enclosure does not force air into the pole of the motor, as both the intake and outake of the cooling system are in the same enclosure with the same pressure. No pressure difference, no air movement. Moving the cone certainly does though.

Invert them, enjoy etc etc. You may find that you do not need to reverse the wiring at all. The low end may have already been out of phase to start with... Invert them and play around with it. You are not going to harm them, so go for it.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320