Alt Whine After Install Of Third Amp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am running 1 t1500-1bd to 2 p3's & a t600-4 to 2 sets of t162s..0 ga from eng compartment to a yellow top in the trunk then i have a power & ground distribution block at the yellow top that the amps are powered & grounded from. this weekend i installed another t600-4 & 2 more sets of t162s & now have horrible alt whine in the mids & highs...wtf? Its the same rca's, powers, grounds that worked just fine before. i tried another set of rca's, i tried grounding the 600-4's differently, i moved my turn on wire(since i just have it daisy chained from one amp to the second to the third) with no change..its not the amp cuz i can changed the rca's to either four channel & they both will do it..the grounds are good & short..everything is right in the trunk. Anybody have any ideas? i forgot to mention that with both rca's in the same amp its fine but as soon as i unplug one input & put it in the other amp the noise starts then if i plug the other input in that amp the noise goes away. i have a pioneer deck & have grounded the rca's to the deck for the blown microfuse issue but that was a year ago & been fine since.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am running 1 t1500-1bd to 2 p3's & a t600-4 to 2 sets of t162s..0 ga from eng compartment to a yellow top in the trunk then i have a power & ground distribution block at the yellow top that the amps are powered & grounded from. this weekend i installed another t600-4 & 2 more sets of t162s & now have horrible alt whine in the mids & highs...wtf? Its the same rca's, powers, grounds that worked just fine before. i tried another set of rca's, i tried grounding the 600-4's differently, i moved my turn on wire(since i just have it daisy chained from one amp to the second to the third) with no change..its not the amp cuz i can changed the rca's to either four channel & they both will do it..the grounds are good & short..everything is right in the trunk. Anybody have any ideas? i forgot to mention that with both rca's in the same amp its fine but as soon as i unplug one input & put it in the other amp the noise starts then if i plug the other input in that amp the noise goes away. i have a pioneer deck & have grounded the rca's to the deck for the blown microfuse issue but that was a year ago & been fine since.

did u ground your alternator?

may need to do a relay for your remote turn on. Not sure if this will fix your problem but it should help. The HUs remote output isnt meant to turn on 3 amps. Dont see why trying a relay would hurt.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

did u ground your alternator?

Its already grounded to the engine.

I dont know if im right but i believe your belt is slipping on the alt. Just tighten the belt. This is common on larger high output alternators.

How would this apply unless he also sees a significant loss of voltage? He said it only happens when he runs both amps.

may need to do a relay for your remote turn on. Not sure if this will fix your problem but it should help. The HUs remote output isnt meant to turn on 3 amps. Dont see why trying a relay would hurt.

This has nothing to do with it.

Stop reading shit then trying to apply it to every problem.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Archived