Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

700r4s are nice with the over drive but stock there not to stong... had a rear end let go and the shock load took te tranny with it...

put a TH400 in.. was going down te road doing about 40mph wanted to throw it in nutral to cheak something out and hit reverse accidently... nothing happend to tranny slowed me down kinda quick tho lol this is in a 1990 K-15

Yeah. That'll happen. Those TH400's are strong too. Both are good transmissions. Can't go wrong either way unless you use the wrong parts.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

700r4s are nice with the over drive but stock there not to stong... had a rear end let go and the shock load took te tranny with it...

put a TH400 in.. was going down te road doing about 40mph wanted to throw it in nutral to cheak something out and hit reverse accidently... nothing happend to tranny slowed me down kinda quick tho lol this is in a 1990 K-15

Yeah, they are waaay stronger than the 700r4s, but they take more power from the motor too. I drive the van with kid gloves on. It handles like a big cushy marshmallo anyway. LOL. Since I already have the 700r4, I will just put it back in there and see how things go. I mean- if I get the 350 in there and the trans goes south after that, I can upgrade then.

Damn.... I really need to get started on the motor! The holidays are coming up- I have been so busy with work I haven't had time for Anything else. Hopefully I can get some stuff started soon.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 1 month later...

Nothing new here, just some pics. I had someone ask me about where I did my big 3 so, I figured I would post them here too. ...and before you people start knockin' my welding wire and cheap-o connections, check back on page 1 where I said this was gonna' be a cheapie budget build. :D

I used the factory locations and just beefed them up with wire I had available and laying around. So- I have multiple 4 awg for power, a couple of 2 awg and a 0 awg for ground and the alternator charging wire is 0 awg.

Live in fear of my Photoshop Skills!!!!! :lol:

DSC03510.jpg

DSC03513.jpg

DSC03514.jpg

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok- so I know it isn't a real add to my "Build Log" but.... this will eventually be a part of my van. I know people are all about air horns and train horns on their cars, but you guys will never guess what I found.... an Antique mechanical siren like the ones on old ambulances and fire trucks.

The one I got is a Federal Model WG. It is the same siren that is on "ECTO-1" in Ghostbusters (my favorite movie). I should have taken before and after photos when I was working on it. I cleaned it up alot and worked on the fitment of the parts. I also rewired the 12 volt motor and put heat shrink all over the old shielding. The shielding on the original wire was so old it would crumble. It wasn't even plastic- it was a braided type material.

I dunno- this may not interest anyone on here, but I can't tell you guys how psyched up I am about my new toy. :D

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

haha, thats sweet! its still illegal to use though isnt it?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I would think so! LOL. The only time I could use it would be when the van is parked, and even then I could see a policeman in a bad mood getting royally Pissed. :D

The plan is to fab up some brackets and mount it under the van. Hide that joker down there somewhere. The thing is, it isn't like a regular horn where you just honk it and it stops. It revs up and keeps on going for a while- so once you hit it, you are committed. lol

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

lol if i ever make a car i can take to a drag strip im putting one of those in it. i think that would be fun to hit while racing.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

nice find colin

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log