Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

Looks good man where did you get those connectors for the led strips

The solderless connectors? My man Mike at Hyper LEDs hooked me up with those. You can get in touch with them by clicking the banner in my sig. Good stuff at great prices.

I am still taken back a bit by how bright the underbody LEDs came out. Mike was too when he saw them in person. He couldn't stop laughing: "Yeah, it is floating on a cloud alright..."

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I also re-wired my 8"s in the doors into an active xover along with the MTX 5000 silk dome tweets. 200 watts RMS on that component set. Oh my- it woke those up too. I adjusted my xover points on the head unit and turned off ALL time alignment. I don't think this thing has ever sounded so good. Now: if I can pretty things up and leave crap alone, all will be well with the world. lol

Thanks for checking in guys.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has always been one of my favorite cleanest builds on this site! Never get tired of looking at it man! :drink40:

Knowing you, you will get another toy to add on to the van down the road lol, but I'm glad you did the most important thing for the build, adding more batteries, now you have an awesome, and electrically stable system.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Looks good man where did you get those connectors for the led strips

The solderless connectors? My man Mike at Hyper LEDs hooked me up with those. You can get in touch with them by clicking the banner in my sig. Good stuff at great prices.

I am still taken back a bit by how bright the underbody LEDs came out. Mike was too when he saw them in person. He couldn't stop laughing: "Yeah, it is floating on a cloud alright..."

thanks man

GuEMAcB.png

^ this has got to be the worst video I've made ever.

BUT- a video none the less. It gives a run-down of the whole system (at current) and then a bit of bass at the end.

There is a show coming up in Meridian, MS at Hi-Fi Crusin' on Saturday, August 3rd starting at noon. Anyone who is close should go. It is only a 1x points event (doesn't matter to me- just figured I would put that out there) but they are having an SQ and SPL comp. On the TL.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Man this van is sick. It's has that old-school vibe big time and I love it. And I think about all the time you have put into this van, well it paid off for you. Thanks for posting the video I liked it a lot dude. Truck has a lot going on in the back all business and no playing around. You have skills.

^ Thank you. Skills- not so much. Just talented at putting 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag. :D It is all for fun. But again, thank you.

I've been looking through the USACI Rule Book and the Classes & Divisions. Yeah- I am boned. lolz. Looks like the only thing I can be placed in is SB4 or Modified 2001-4000 (my Hifonics Brutus amps are rated at 550 watts at 4 ohms- so 550x4 = 2200 Just enough to put me into the next bracket I think). lol. Boned.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

^ ooh- I didn't even think about that for you....

I know they have to have rules, but man- some of them just suck. I started thinking about what I would have to do (rules wise) to build out my wife's Trailblazer as an "SQ" build. Yeah, maybe one day- but so very much of all of the points are about sticking to the rules like glue and kissing the judge's butts.

tumblr_lxvls6DbiJ1qahhtxo1_1280.jpg

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived