Sonic Electronix

hey all i looked around for a bit to see if the info i was lookin for was posted but no luck. i am curently dealin with factory x9s in my 98 bonniville and when bass heavy track comes on and i have it turned up they pop like a mofo and was wonderin if anybody has used thes before and if ya think it would help out with that. http://www.woofersetc.com/p6193/SPP69DSF--...ker-Baffles.htm

i will end up replacing them with maybe a set of components this summer or when its warmer and also not too worried about it all goin together without some modifyin(what fun would that be) the fronts are already MB Quarts and they all are just running off the H/U.

Sounds like you need to seal off your 6 by 9's.... or take them out.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

That's what I did and it let way more air through the package tray.

thats another thing i was thinkin about to. im sure when i get my DC sub ill have evn more than with my 7500.but i will still want some rear stage too. how bout sealin the sub to the rear seat(ports through the rear seat arm rest) and then use the x9 baffles. im sure i couls make some pods for a set of components when the time comes to. its anoing as hell and im really wantin to turn up the lil bang i have up. thanks for the input everybody.

thats another thing i was thinkin about to. im sure when i get my DC sub ill have evn more than with my 7500.but i will still want some rear stage too. how bout sealin the sub to the rear seat(ports through the rear seat arm rest) and then use the x9 baffles. im sure i couls make some pods for a set of components when the time comes to. its anoing as hell and im really wantin to turn up the lil bang i have up. thanks for the input everybody.

I don't worry about a rear stage because the subs, even if they are sealed off and ported through the arm rest will drown out most anything you put back there.

ha yeah very true. only gonna be runnin 500 rms to a dc lvl 3. ill have to think about upgrading the front coaxs to components and adding a amp to em then. the rear deck/package tray is hell anyways. sounddeading is a must too.

...or a set in the doors and another in a pilars? its an option i guess but id have to take a closer look to see what kinda room there is to play with....damn snow :01nocomment8so:

I had the same problem; I took my x9's out of the factory mounting locations and put them in some cheap enclosures, then set them under my front seats. Not only solved the problem, but the midbass is much more noticeable now, and shifted my "front" stage more to the front lol.

Too many projects, too little time...

i built fiberglass pods and such for my rears and took it all out cuz I really couldnt tell the difference whether they were on or off....it was just a waste of space and an amp at that point

i vote take em out and let that pressure out, unless you are always driving people around in the backseat and care about them hearing the music.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC