Sonic Electronix

Help With Ideas For Installing Headunit In 2000 Cavalier

ok, Now I understand.

You purchased a cheap $10 harness from Walmart instead of the expensive module. That is ok. The only thing you really gain by having the module is the factory chimes.

Anyway, the cheap harness you bought will work just fine with the exception of the red acc wire. Hook all other wires up between your radio & the harness you bought normally. Discard the red wire on the cheap harness you bought, it won't work. The GM data line will not power up that wire, that's what the module is for. To resolve that issue run a wire from your fuse box windshield wiper fuse to your radio & attatch yhat wire to the red wire going to your radio. everything should work just fine.

If you have any more trouble, post here & the car audio gods will again bail you out. Good luck.

Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

ok, find the fuse for the wipers or a fuse that powers up with the keys turned on, remove the fuse, wrap a wire around one of the metal prongs on the fuse, plug the fuse back in, connect the other end of the wire to the red wire coming off of your radio.

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

ok, find the fuse for the wipers or a fuse that powers up with the keys turned on, remove the fuse, wrap a wire around one of the metal prongs on the fuse, plug the fuse back in, connect the other end of the wire to the red wire coming off of your radio.

Ok i thought it was something alittle more difficult like soldering to the backside of the fusepanel. Thats easy enough.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

you should solder on to the fuse itself instead of just ramming wire in

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Soldering the connection would be much better but I assumed you probably didn't have the tools to do that. If you do, by all means, solder it.

dj2q.jpg

Soldering the connection would be much better but I assumed you probably didn't have the tools to do that. If you do, by all means, solder it.

I got the deck in and works fine but once i hit a certian volume the deck it shuts off and reboots. Any ideas with that? It seems once i turn the bass and tremble down it quites shutting off automatically. Is it drawing too much power? I have the power tapped into the wiper fuse until i solder later.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I got the deck in and works fine but once i hit a certian volume the deck it shuts off and reboots. Any ideas with that? It seems once i turn the bass and tremble down it quites shutting off automatically. Is it drawing too much power? I have the power tapped into the wiper fuse until i solder later.

could be possible...are u running aftermarket speakers? just wondering...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D