JLAudio_15 Posted April 3, 2009 Report Posted April 3, 2009 Can somone send me a link on how to decide port length size and how to tune it???? :hairtrick:
sodfamily Posted April 3, 2009 Report Posted April 3, 2009 You should be able to go to www.the12volt.com web site and they have a array of tools there, should help you out.. Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887 Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now) Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100 Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star) Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro
SplPhreak Posted April 3, 2009 Report Posted April 3, 2009 You should be able to go to www.the12volt.com web site and they have a array of tools there, should help you out.. That's what I use aswell
shainemcconnell Posted April 3, 2009 Report Posted April 3, 2009 http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=165 This is JL Audios equation for port size, length, and tuning. if you feel like doing the math 2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion 2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion 2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals 2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup. Team Pure Pressure
Neo_frog Posted April 3, 2009 Report Posted April 3, 2009 http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=165This is JL Audios equation for port size, length, and tuning. if you feel like doing the math I never rely on programs. ^^ That's the best way to do it unless you write your own script for the equations. Only reason I say this is because I've checked all of the calculators for this that I know of and they all yield different numbers with the same info. Some have more and some have less as far as parameters go, so only way to be sure is do it yourself. Plus I'm a math freak and a hermit who doesn't trust anybody. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
shainemcconnell Posted April 3, 2009 Report Posted April 3, 2009 I never rely on programs. ^^ That's the best way to do it unless you write your own script for the equations.Only reason I say this is because I've checked all of the calculators for this that I know of and they all yield different numbers with the same info. Some have more and some have less as far as parameters go, so only way to be sure is do it yourself. Plus I'm a math freak and a hermit who doesn't trust anybody. yeah..i have made an excel worksheet to build a ported box using that Jl equation..... probably about to try it out and see how the box turns out 2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion 2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion 2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals 2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup. Team Pure Pressure
JLAudio_15 Posted April 4, 2009 Author Report Posted April 4, 2009 Thanks on alll the info!!!!! hopefully i learn how to use it and it works out
cracker Posted April 4, 2009 Report Posted April 4, 2009 http://www.zshare.net/download/57419766a4b2ffef/ its i nice lil DL to tryout. it was made by a member here March 2010 SOTM winner my old buildhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/50219-dank-aka-crackers-bonne-new-v2-build-in-the-works-hahahaaaaaa/page__hl__crackers my youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jackiedan04#g/u my feedback - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/56540-official-cracker-feedback/ i need tacos and bass to live!!!!! and will NEVER change hahaaaa TEAM NOIZE VIOLATION
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.