Removing Double Sided Tape Residue?

wd 40 is very similar to lighterfluid, which didn't do anything. Im going to go try this goof off 2, lets hope it doesnt fuck my paint.

wd40 and lighter fluid are in NO way similar. ones lights, ones a water based lubricant.

but i used goo gone on my car. bug and tar remover didnt work

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I used a can of 3M adhesive remover it was like $5 at autozone.

spray lots of it on and most importantly let it sit for a while.

it turns to goo and you can rub it off.

I used a combination of a wet towel and a dry towel.

the dry towel so the glue would stick to it and come off and the wet towel to clean what was behind it.

my dad had a nylon stick of some sort that I used and it didn't hurt the paint.

EDIT: go to the second page of my build log to see high resolution photos of the results.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

seeing as i work at a bodyshop,

step 1

eraser wheel 99% of the shit off

step 2

blow the eraser residue off the car

step 3

3m adhesive remover to get any small peices left behind

step 4

rub some compound/polish over the area to bring the shine back

easy and simple

ive never used em before thats all lol. sounds like a good deal though, and i like ya name man lol

Posted Image

if that stuff doesnt work idk what will.. i have used it on everything i can possibly think off

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

i took mine off yesterday with thinner i wiped it with thinner so the glue will soak into the glue and then i scraped the glue off with my thumb nail and then use some more thinner and kept wiping it all came off no stratchs or glue then i just used some compound to poilsh the area i did it in

Roseville, CA

i took mine off yesterday with thinner i wiped it with thinner so the glue will soak into the glue and then i scraped the glue off with my thumb nail and then use some more thinner and kept wiping it all came off no stratchs or glue then i just used some compound to poilsh the area i did it in

his truck is black so it might leave a blur or take clearcoat off.

looks good bro, sorry for not gettin back too. my buddy is still MIA lol. but glad to see it worked out for ya :D

for reference, i used to use a gasoline soaked rag to like wipe it, and then a plastic razorblade to actually get it off (you can get em at most autoparts stores, like 4 bux for a 20 pack)

when i used to detail cars people always had bumperstickers or vinyls they wanted removed, and gas and a plastic blade was the best way.

then compound the car and you never wouldve known it had a full vinyl body wrap or 25 honor student stickers on it

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived