Removing Double Sided Tape Residue?

I took off some trim on my car and the double sided tape residue is a complete bitch to get off. I have been using lighter fluid/rag/heat gun for the past 30 minutes and have gotten nowhere. Does anyone know a safe solvent that will remove this shit and not eat my paint?

teamsundown-1.jpg

not sure if it would work but some hot water and dish soap....it should be fine on the paint and it takes the shit off glass for me in the past. that shit is a pain sometimes

not sure if it would work but some hot water and dish soap....it should be fine on the paint and it takes the shit off glass for me in the past. that shit is a pain sometimes

I don't think you guys understand... this shit is a PAIN. It feels like it should come off easily, but after working it with the rag and lighter fluid you only take off the top soft layer, then their is a bottom thin layer which is the actual adhesive I think. I'm gonna need some crazy chemicals :(

teamsundown-1.jpg

I don't think you guys understand... this shit is a PAIN. It feels like it should come off easily, but after working it with the rag and lighter fluid you only take off the top soft layer, then their is a bottom thin layer which is the actual adhesive I think. I'm gonna need some crazy chemicals :(

Well if you can easily remove the piece, why not just sand it down then prime/paint it? That's what I usually do. And I've had hot glue rip the paint off my parts before, so that's why I just paint em now.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

gas o line is ur friend

154k03o.png

01 Tahoe

Big 3

20 ft.1/0 streetwire under hood

4 Batteries

Stock Battery and

1800 Kinetic Batt under hood

2 Sprinter S12V500F Battery,165 AH

Kicker 1/0 going from front to back

Sirius sportster

Alpine 9886

Kicker 650.4zx mids and highs

Q-Logic kick panels w/Kicker6 1/2 comps.

XXX re comp 6.5 in front doors

Alpine6.5 coax in rear doors

2 Audioque 2200d strapped

2 Audioque 18 HDC3

5% all the way around

2 layers raamat on roof

doors covered in raamat

i might of been mistaken, are ya talkin about trim as in emblems and that? i was thinkin more of the two sided tape ive seen used on window guards and that.i know the shit thats used to hold emblems on is hard as hell and not too sure about that but if ya call a detail shop they might have some ideas

ok thats what i was thinkin then. if ya dont get some more ideas ill be tryin to get ahold of my buddy that works at a ziebart here and see what he thinks. it might be a bit but ill chime back asap when i hear something. hope ya get it though for sure man

Archived