Sonic Electronix

maybe you just don't know how to wire it up or set the gain cause you can still get away with 4 guage on a 1600 watt amp, i don't necessarily think that would cause what you are describing that is happening

by if anyone disagrees by all means go ahead i could be wrong but i'm just sayin

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

maybe you just don't know how to wire it up or set the gain cause you can still get away with 4 guage on a 1600 watt amp, i don't necessarily think that would cause what you are describing that is happening

by if anyone disagrees by all means go ahead i could be wrong but i'm just sayin

LMAO I know how to wire it up just fine have you not read the post I had 2 12" Audios in before this Fi with a 500.2 Kicker amp on them was hitting fine then. So

oh lord lets see

it appears to me that u have a very poor electrical if the amps lights are dimming. thusly causing the amp to clip and cause all sorts of weird things to happen. and since it happened with two different amps and two different subs i believe i am correct.

try installing the amp into a different car. see wut happens

and as for the UPS blowing the sub... unless they wall socketed it for shiggles b4 it got to u i cant see how the sub would be blown. physical damage is all they could do

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

ok cool its not the sub ya just got atleast.and if ya tried two dif amps and two dif subs and the prob is the same then id say triple check it all. a ground could of losened up some over time or something. its not the HU, its not the sub, and its prob not two bad amps so it leaves the wiring. never hurts to check it out again and even take off the ground to rub a lil sandpaper on the metal to make sure thats good for sure too. it might take a min to figure out but sounds like your gettin closer :D id say soon though man

ok cool its not the sub ya just got atleast.and if ya tried two dif amps and two dif subs and the prob is the same then id say triple check it all. a ground could of losened up some over time or something. its not the HU, its not the sub, and its prob not two bad amps so it leaves the wiring. never hurts to check it out again and even take off the ground to rub a lil sandpaper on the metal to make sure thats good for sure too. it might take a min to figure out but sounds like your gettin closer :D id say soon though man

Thanks Guys maybe I will just put it all in my caddy instead i just hate it cause its in the trunk and seems to muffle the sound out to me. But looks like that might have to be what I have to do.

Can I make the Caddy hit in the 140ish area like the truck or is it gonna go down cause it ins the trunk ??

Edited by Hoppy72450

By any chance, you are doing all this testing with the car running, correct? What voltage are you seeing on your dash?

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

By any chance, you are doing all this testing with the car running, correct? What voltage are you seeing on your dash?

lmao never noticed

what should I bee seeing

Checked its at 14 halfway on the dash doesnt move when it hits but amp seems to get simmer the loader your go ?

Edited by Hoppy72450