Ok. I was planning on walling off the escape. Now I have been presented with a very tempting offer. My girlfriends mom has a 92 olds cutlass sedan. The car has 70k on it, runs good, and the body is in perfect condition. Only things wrong is a few broken interior pice from normal wear and tear and the paint is faded a bit. basically for $350 the car is a fucking steal. My idea is to save my Escape from vibrating apart and wall this bitch up as an spl car. My question is would this thing be a descent spl car. I know there not the prettiest thing. But with some interior work, a paint job, Rims, and a lowering kit it should look pretty dope. What do you guys think?

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

I personally think that ANY car can be an SPL car. It just depends what you do with it. Get a couple huge 15s and wall it with a huge port on the driver's side. Put as much power as you can into the 15s for a short burp and you're golden!

Heh, it will obviously take some testing though. What kind of numbers were you shooting for? And will it be a dbDrag or bassrace SPL vehicle?

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Ill be running 2 nightshade 18s with 2 saz-3500s. If i got the thing Id make it a lil bit comp car and show car. Basically nice bright candy green paint job with some bigger chrome rims. Kind of a mini donk. Id go eminence all the way around for loud ass highs. As far as the enclosure goes I had planned to wall it off with port twords the drivers side. Id make the port removable so I can change my tuning frequency though. As far as numbers. Im shootin for the lowe 150s. Id much rather is be a bass race car with burp potential.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Oh, so not a REAL SPL car.... j/p :P

If it's the way I'm imagining it, it should beat pretty good. You will probably be breaking 150 on music easily though with 7k. A good 149.9 bassracer FTW! If you got the stuff, do it. What's the worst that could happen?

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

lol. Ya. I planned on goin nuts on the escape but Im kinda worried about having that much equipment in a daily driver and workin down town. lol. Its either this or save a but more and try and find a late 80s s10 shell.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Just like Neo Frog said, any car will do for spl / bass race. Regardless the car is old as long as it's dependable and can take you from point A to point B to compete, I'll go for it . . . :hairtrick: If I were you, get that car and start your build . . . .

TEAM S.S.C.

Team Serious SPL Centurions

df2c.jpgfzwn.jpg

The Escape will have the potential to get louder, cant beat the price though.

Oh just wall both.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

• 4 weeks later...
Ok. I was planning on walling off the escape. Now I have been presented with a very tempting offer. My girlfriends mom has a 92 olds cutlass sedan. The car has 70k on it, runs good, and the body is in perfect condition. Only things wrong is a few broken interior pice from normal wear and tear and the paint is faded a bit. basically for $350 the car is a fucking steal. My idea is to save my Escape from vibrating apart and wall this bitch up as an spl car. My question is would this thing be a descent spl car. I know there not the prettiest thing. But with some interior work, a paint job, Rims, and a lowering kit it should look pretty dope. What do you guys think?

you can wall either but the cutlass is much harder

the escape would work better in every way

I have a 1991 oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra that I am in the prosess of building right now. I am going with 2 15's in the trunk. I will be cutting a bigger hole behind the rear seat to allow me to slide my box in through the cab. Will be ghosting the back part of the rear seat with nylon or kevlar mesh to allow the subs and port to breath and still be able to use the back seat for passangers. (Thumper did somethign like this with his Ford Tempo) There is plentry of room on the passanger firewall side to run multiple runs of 1/0 or 2/0 wire. The trunk is fairly large and should be able to fit an array of amps and batteries with no issues it you wall the back seat. The only speaker locations in the front are the dash and those are 3.5. You will be making door or kick panel mods for sure. The front doors should be able to house 2 sets of 6.5 comps with little modifications. I have been kicking around the idea of a double din touch screen that can fit with stock llocation with a bit of work.

I got my car with 69,000 on it back in 2003 and now have 130,000 and it is a nice running car. You will need to replace the rear shock/sprint with something alot more stiff for sure. Once you get any type of weight in the back that ass end will bottom out hard core on you..

Just my 2 cents brother.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro