Second Skin Audio

Wall Help!

what are your dimensions

i have room for any thing, i have someone drawing me up my box design once i find out which configuration would be best for me...the box will need to be around 10 cubes after displacement

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

can anyone explain to me how subs on passenger and port on driver is generally louder, to be honest i thought it should be the opposite, meter is on passenger side so shouldnt the port be? im not doubting you guys thats how most people do it, but just wondering why

i all comes down to quarter wave theory, and phasing.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

im wanting to do a wall, something easy yet practical, its basically going to be 1 big box, with trim panels around it to help make it airtight and look good, im having problems on deciding a sub/port config, im wanting numbers but im not wanting a burp machine...this is in a daily driver and will be ment to play loud all day and still put up a good number

whats the best configuration i should do? its in a 2004 f150 ext cab

both subs on top behind each headrest port on the bottom

port drivers side, subs ontop of eachother passenger

port passengers side, subs ontop of eachother driver

both subs on bottom side by side, port top

not sure! calling all wall guys haha!! im thinking 35hz tuning if you have pictures post them!

with this install being in an extended cab truck, you need to be careful with your port area. if you start to get into massive port area, then your tuning will start to be more affected by the enclosure depth than the port length.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

my suggestion would be to get it reconed to 18's and do a wall!

IMO its not worth it to wall 2 15's specially in an ext cab where there are lots of room.

my suggestion would be to get it reconed to 18's and do a wall!

IMO its not worth it to wall 2 15's specially in an ext cab where there are lots of room.

im not doing 18"s im doing 15"s, i have them for now and i like them, its not gonna be a floor to ceiling wall, i got 3 batteries and 2 amps going underneath it...its gonna be pretty much a big box, with trim panels so it looks like a wall

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon: