Battery Configaration Question

Hey guys, I'm working on my 03' Accord build and I have a question or two about battery wiring.

I've got a PowerMaster S975 and 2 D3100's and I need to know how to wire them,

I have four runs of KnuKonceptz 0/1 to the back of the car and have my 300 Excessive Amperage Alt installed, I have the Big 3 done, all with Knu 0/1.

Here is a drawing of my configuration, let me know if this is right?

batterysetup.jpg

Also, Do I need a isolator? I see most of you guys don't use them but, I'm not sure if that's the case for me.

I have 2 Orion D5000's that will be powering 2 DC Lvl 5 18's.

The D5000's should each be pushing close to their 2500watt RMS rating. Plus I will have about 600 watts RMS running for internals, to total roughly 5600 watt's.

I want to make sure that I wire the electrical right, that's why I'm asking the pro's :acute:

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

Guest KyleCannon

I would run 1 ground from the front to the back and then take the ground from the first battery in the back to the second. OR you can simply ground one battery to the chassis and link them together.

At least, that's what I would do.

the grounds to the back are kind of useless.

you can just ground them really good in the back.

Being an Accord I would keep the ground wires from front to back, on vehicles with an actual frame i will cut a hole and weld a nut into the frame to bolt the ground wires down. An Accord has a unibody so there aren't any real thick places to get a solid ground from and therefore one or two runs to the front battery is beneficial. I almost always go a little overkill on wiring but i usually don't have much voltage loss at the amps so it works.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Being an Accord I would keep the ground wires from front to back, on vehicles with an actual frame i will cut a hole and weld a nut into the frame to bolt the ground wires down. An Accord has a unibody so there aren't any real thick places to get a solid ground from and therefore one or two runs to the front battery is beneficial. I almost always go a little overkill on wiring but i usually don't have much voltage loss at the amps so it works.

Your right, that's why I did the grounds from the front, those are already run. What I'm worried about is that the front starting battery (S975) is 1600cca and the rear batteries (D3100's) are 3200cca. I've heard that if you have a 1600cca battery and you wire the higher cca battery you will only get the amount of cca that the lower one has, or is this only voltage?

I think I've been fed wrong information but I want to confirm and I can't find many posts on this.

Also, If I want to not drain the starting battery but want to drain the rear, what can I use to do that? A Isolator?

^

That's good advice right there.

Archived