Jump to content

Deck Problem


Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay so I go to install my Alpine 9856 today in my 06 HHR LS. I bought my adapter off of ebay and its not one of those expensive ones.. I the wiring harness and the installation kit for like $12. Yea i dont care that i lose my chimes n all that.. But basically is jus a regular harness that plugs right in to other one. So I matched all the colors up and all that, I tapped my ignition into the main 12V source so I could turn it on. Well I go to test it and turn my deck on and well had to push power to turn it on but it does that any time it first turns on after a disconnected battery, but I go to turn it up and no sound... And then shortly after my gauges start freakin out and all go to zero and my temp goes to the ( ---*F) but my odometer still works. And I shut off my car and I have to shut my deck off by holdin the power button. Im jus frustrated with it... what possibly could be my problem here???

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Posted

The reason you have to push the power button to turn the deck off is cuase you took the red ignition wire from the deck to a constant 12v wire. That red wire needs to be on a switched 12v wire instead of a constant 12v wire. Go to a fuse in the glove box for the easiest access. The wiper fuse is a 25 amp fuse and it's power is switched 12 volts. If you want the best possible go to the ingnition harness and get switched 12 volts.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Posted

You just took the 12 volt wire that is used to control the gauges or the ICP (Instrument control panel), and that is now being sent current when you power on the radio. It's nothing major, won't tear anything up, just tends to freak people out. I have accidentally done this myself, happens to the best of us. Try to use a lead coming from your fuse panel that is switched (HVAC, ignition, DRL's), and take that to the 12 volt constant on your headunit that has the fuse on it. You might have also connected the remote turn on wire that is blue to the ICP wire. Hope this helps, Jordan

EDIT: didn't see that he posted as well, both ways work and are the same thing really

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

Posted

Only thing I can think of is its the wrong harness and your databus interface is messed up. Cheap harness FTL gotta go witht he good ones these days man...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted

Anything newer than 02 needs a class 2 data bus interface to keep the gm computer happy but if you want to be cheap you can use a just a straight harness like you have already, you just need to tap into the thick pink wire under your steering column for your accessory lead to turn the deck on. However you might run into some problems with your running lights not working and the dummy lights on your dash not working. I do not indorse this type of install ever!

The Shoe Maker without shoes!

Posted
Only thing I can think of is its the wrong harness and your databus interface is messed up. Cheap harness FTL gotta go witht he good ones these days man...

well i went ahead and ordered a harness from my shop and it came in fast and i installed it today.. thanks everyone

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 867 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...