Sundown Audio

Powerbass Xta5000....

*1LOWSUV*

Just teasing, In a couple hours I am headed down to the shop to have my system hooked up. 4of the 6.5 3xl's in the doors. Subs are 2 12' 3xls. Amps 2 asa 1000.1 ds and a powerbass extreme bass accelerator in my crx.

nice setup. Post pics when you're done

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

nice setup. Post pics when you're done

Will do, But nothing will be done for now but getting every thing hooked up. Seems I ripped some gut muscles putting the box in the back by myself and now have guts coming out of my belly button :( So I won't be able to carpet or build amp rack or anything.

Wife wants me to go to emergency room but not till I get metered lol.

I've been beating on these amps for the better part of 3 months now. The 5000 is an absolute BEAST. I had to buy a new Xantrex power supply... it's a 12,000 watt monster. We had to run TWO dedicated 3-phase 440w power connections for it. This amp goes forever. I haven't done .5 ohm testing yet, so don't expect it until I get the testing done, but at .8 ohm it thermals in 19 minutes. That's a LONG time. Most amps will thermal in under 10 at full power.

nice, looks like it'll do alot of power.

Wonder what 8 would do in a SS 1-2 Astro Van. (sshhhh)

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

All I gotta say is......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Powerbass has always done me good.

Too bad I can't find more of these 12's !6 isn't enough anymore I need MOAR :diablo:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

All I gotta say is......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Powerbass has always done me good.

Too bad I can't find more of these 12's !6 isn't enough anymore I need MOAR :diablo:

we had 4 subs that looked just like that. Which one is that? I'll check in the warehouse... we have quite a bit old older product back there

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

we had 4 subs that looked just like that. Which one is that? I'll check in the warehouse... we have quite a bit old older product back there

They are the XS 12D D2's

I could use about 8 more. I have 4 recones still on hand and I wouldn't mind renewing all of them for the new build ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

They are the XS 12D D2's

I could use about 8 more. I have 4 recones still on hand and I wouldn't mind renewing all of them for the new build ;)

we have tens for days... out of 12's. Sorry, Bill

Principal

we have tens for days... out of 12's. Sorry, Bill

You guys have a trade in trade up program? ;):D

You guys have a trade in trade up program? ;):D

right, and they pay me really well, too

Principal

Archived