Opinion On Front Speakers

cracker

ok i have a 98 bonniville and i have recently taken out my poppin stock x9s. i have 5 1/4s in the front doors with a spot for tweets. at this time money is tight and i have put in a set of 3.5 MB Quarts in replacement of the stock doors. well since i took out my 6x9s(sub pushin em to the point of popping) i have crap for mids and highs. i am just running the 3.5s off the HU and know i need more power and more speakers up front so my idea is since i am not goin to run any rears i was thinkin of using the MB Quart 3.5s i have but make an fiberglass A pilar for them and run them off the HU still. i was also thinkin after that, or before whatever happens first of adding a set of MB Quart 5 1/4 components and end up running another 2 channel amp to them, and put them in the stock locations in the doors. im just wondering if this would be ok or just a stupid waste of time lol. i just bought the 3.5s right before getting this car so thats why id like to use them plus the fact money is tight. here are the links to the speakers im talking about. thanks and feel free to be totally honest :D i am also only runnin 500 watts rms to the sub(12in MTX 7500, soon to be DC vl 3) so i dont need too too much

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3700/DKE108--MB...al-Speakers.htm

http://www.woofersetc.com/p2681/DSC213--MB...-Components.htm

well im sure i can find a decent used amp or a new maybe something like this http://www.woofersetc.com/p3058/TA3202--MT...t-Amplifier.htm

ok i didnt get a good response for my ? so i went ahead and started on the A pilars. i figured id post up some pics and if anybody has any pointers its welcomed cuz this would be my first attemp at A pilars and only fiberglassed a few other times. i used a whit tee for the material so they would not end up bein too thick and not fit and as of now im to the point of glassin the inside of the second pod. i only had time today to put one layer of mat on the inside and due to the small holes its a bitch to get done... but a couple rubber gloves and a couple #2 pencils got it done. and here is a few pics so far and will post more. sorry mods if this is not the right place to post, i just thought since i started the thread i thought to add to it.

001-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-1.jpg

001-3.jpg

first coat of resin

002-4.jpg

let dry and test fit the pass side and fits no prob

003-4.jpg

driver side also fits no prob

004-2.jpg

i inded up getting some body filler on the first pod thats glassed on the inside, but anybody know how many layers of mat would be good for this? i will only be runnin a 4in coax at the most but will use the 3.5 mB quarts for the time being.

Archived