Sundown Audio

Dd Z1 What Kind Of Reliablity Can I Expect?

cc_audio

I just purchased a DD Z1 amp first generation, that has been repaired before breaking by Ohio center for amp repair. What kind of reliablity can I expect from their work? I have reciept as proof of repair work and what Scott at Ohio amp repair replaced. I will post pics once it arrives if there's any interest. I paid $575, it is in mint condition (missing two speaker terminal screws). He had two and he was selling because he got two Cactus 7kw to replace to run his two 12" DD Z woofers. He sent pics as proof. He might even be on this forum, not sure though. All I want to know is how reliable this amp will be. Can I really expect 5000W+ plus without it going into protect? Will have an MLA module shortly for 15-15.5 volts.

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Could you be specific on what the problems were with these amps? Was it one recurring problem that needed to be fixed because the amp did have something replaced. Output drive I think but not sure. Its a gorgous amp and i can't imagine too many other problems since the Z1 and Z1a have the same board. You guys are scaring me here. :blink: Give me some more details about problems since the amp is already on the way.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

the DD Z1 was known to blow daily

the Z1A is the reliable daily one they improved

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

It arrived. Thought I'd throw some pictures of the amp and the repair reciept. Also, what I plan to do to it.

P1010175.jpg

P1010183.jpg

P1010149.jpg

P1010170.jpg

The driver board was repaired. Was that the only problem with these amps?

P1010162.jpg

Gonna add some plexi to show off these beautiful internals.

P1010155.jpg

Got his for $3 on ebay brand new. Should keep the amp ice cold for me.

P1010159.jpg

P1010160.jpg

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

ya definatly got a rep for smoking but I had one that we removed the rear and stuck fans on it, its wired at 1 ohm with 3 2150s on it and a powermaster alt. its i think around 2 years running now with no probs

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.