Stock Electric On 500rms

hey everybody i have a 98 bonniville with a kenwood KAC-8104D amp with 8 guage power and groung for now (feel free to laugh), my future plans are a second smaller 2 channel amp for my mids and highs up front. when the time comes to get the second amp i would use the existing 8 gauge for the smaller amp and get a run of 4 for the sub amp. right now with just the one amp pushin 500 rms my lights dim and volts drop on the factory gauge to almost the red when bangin for a lil bit. what im lost a lil with is should i do the big 3 and or upgrade the battery or after i run the bigger wire for the sub amp should i just see from there. im just tryin to plan a lil and dont really plan on anything over, say 1000 rms total system power but might be less too. would just a seperate smaller battery in the trunk work best or upgrade the one under the hood be best? just want my electric to be cool with what ill be runnin and cash is the biggest prob so cheapest solve/upgrade the better. thanks for readin this and any opinion is more than welcome :D

my cusin had a jl 500/1 on a l7 15 in a bonni and his lights dimmed bad..then he put a cap in there and it stopped..im not sayn to get a cap you would be better off with another batt in the back...and do the big 3 just to be on the safe side

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

my cusin had a jl 500/1 on a l7 15 in a bonni and his lights dimmed bad..then he put a cap in there and it stopped..im not sayn to get a cap you would be better off with another batt in the back...and do the big 3 just to be on the safe side

theres a huge diffrence between that JL amp and his kenwood

what type and size is that battery under the hood?

tell ya the truth im not sure off the top but ill go out in a min to check. i am thinkin the big 3 but not sure if i should do 4 or 0 gauge for that considering im not gonna be runnin close to others on here but want it performing with no probs. not sure what size alt these cars have in them either but i was thinkin it was small and it has a good amount of options too like power windows, seats etc.

Id think that it would be a group 34/78 if the battery is fairly oldyou may benefit from getting a new one personaly Id recomend getting a XS Power D3400 that or if you dont want to spend that much go to NAPA and pick up one of the Orbitals its pretty much an Optima red top knockoff

ok it has a stupid foam thing wrapped around it but it is a napa battery,84 month select series, well its what i could read off it but i coundnt find CCA or anything