Sonic Electronix

i ahve a grand prix and i was interested in some of the setups others have in their rides .

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

I have a grand am, its pretty close to a grand prix. essentially the same car.

I have an 8" RE RE (yes, the entry level RE, I aint got cash but I like my sound) dropped in it right now, nothing much, upgraded the rear deck to RE audio 6x's, redid the door speakers, took a dremel to the old 4x6 position and trimmed it down and out, matched the curve with some card board, lined it out on a card board tube of 6" diameter, glued it in place with high strength epoxy, put 6.5s in the doors. (RE audio 6.5s of course)

I should post a build log for when I finally decide to wall the bish, im gonna do it next summer most definitely

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Same body :P

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

I have a grand am, its pretty close to a grand prix. essentially the same car.

I have an 8" RE RE (yes, the entry level RE, I aint got cash but I like my sound) dropped in it right now, nothing much, upgraded the rear deck to RE audio 6x's, redid the door speakers, took a dremel to the old 4x6 position and trimmed it down and out, matched the curve with some card board, lined it out on a card board tube of 6" diameter, glued it in place with high strength epoxy, put 6.5s in the doors. (RE audio 6.5s of course)

I should post a build log for when I finally decide to wall the bish, im gonna do it next summer most definitely

How do you get a car that comes base with a 3800 for the base and a S/C 3800 for the GTP, is the same as a car that comes base with a 4banger 2.4 and a 3.4 for the GT? They are two completely different cars... size wise, engine wise, looks, and performance(what there is...). Speakers aren't even the same size.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

there is a differences for sure. and by the way the Grand Am comes with either a 2.3, or a 3.1 liter. if you are lucky you can find a optional 3.4 liter LQ1 as there try at a performance model.

----reference's----

meade916

my sc 3800 will smash a grand am anyday. but the 3800is an option for my year grand prix. base was 3100 for he se model and 3800 for the gt. the gtp was of course sc 3800.

Edited by troy

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

there is a differences for sure. and by the way the Grand Am comes with either a 2.3, or a 3.1 liter. if you are lucky you can find a optional 3.4 liter LQ1 as there try at a performance model.

*blink*

3400(LA1) is the standard motor for the GT...

LQ1 is DOHC... which came in the monte carlo z34(95-97).

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

*blink*

3400(LA1) is the standard motor for the GT...

LQ1 is DOHC... which came in the monte carlo z34(95-97).

thats right a freind of mine has a grand am gt. 3.4

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt