I would like to debate the subject with other members, willing and knowledgeable of it. It's one of my favorite criteria of study and one of the most interesting historical times to date in my opinion. What do you guys think could have been done differently on Black Tuesday to prevent the market crash? What do you guys think FDR could have done differently with the New Deal, the National Recovery Adminstration and other FDR platforms? What does everyone think Hoover could have done differently to aid his popularity and support during the peak of his Presidential term and beginning of the Depression? Also, what's your standing on the Empire State building being built from 1930-31 during the Depressions beginning, was it enough guiding light for the American people or economically a bad move letting John Jakob Raskob build it?

Edited by camino_1to3

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

Woah... lots of questions there that I will need to ponder over.

I do know that the only thing that got us out of the great depression was WW2

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

It is an unfortunate truth that alot of this countries economic problems are solved by the profiteering of war. World War 2 certainly helped to get our nation out of the red and into the black again, but is that really the best way to do it? With the cost of human life so that our stock market can climb? I hate knowing that is true.

As far as the depression starting , and the stock market crashing, I read this a few weeks ago:

Mental Floss Magazine ( best magazine out there, next to Wired Magazine )

March-April 2009

Volume 8, Issue #2

page 16, Article by Adam Rosen

" >> THE BANKER WHOSE GREED INSPIRED A FEDERAL AGENCY

About five weeks before the stock market crash of 1929, Albert H. Wiggin, the president of Chase National Bank , knew his company's stock was about to take a nosedive. Not the type of captain to go down with his ship, Wiggin sold 42,000 of his shares. Although legal at the time, the massive dumping went a long way to making Chase collapse, and by early December, Wiggin had made $4 million off his own company's misfortune. Spurred by Wiggin's actions and shameless greed, the federal government formed the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1934."

I would say that stuff like this had a lot to do with how the depression got started....

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

It is an unfortunate truth that alot of this countries economic problems are solved by the profiteering of war. World War 2 certainly helped to get our nation out of the red and into the black again, but is that really the best way to do it? With the cost of human life so that our stock market can climb? I hate knowing that is true.

As far as the depression starting , and the stock market crashing, I read this a few weeks ago:

Mental Floss Magazine ( best magazine out there, next to Wired Magazine )

March-April 2009

Volume 8, Issue #2

page 16, Article by Adam Rosen

" >> THE BANKER WHOSE GREED INSPIRED A FEDERAL AGENCY

About five weeks before the stock market crash of 1929, Albert H. Wiggin, the president of Chase National Bank , knew his company's stock was about to take a nosedive. Not the type of captain to go down with his ship, Wiggin sold 42,000 of his shares. Although legal at the time, the massive dumping went a long way to making Chase collapse, and by early December, Wiggin had made $4 million off his own company's misfortune. Spurred by Wiggin's actions and shameless greed, the federal government formed the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1934."

I would say that stuff like this had a lot to do with how the depression got started....

Well yes, black Tuesday. It's simple, 17.4 million shares are sold and that is the final straw in the downfall of the stock market for the next twelve years.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

hell yankee stadiumwas over a billion to build and we are in the times we are now. kinda seems like a close comparison to the empire state building thing

Not nearly. It doesn't carry the symbolism it did then, and we aren't within a far cry of the situation at hand during those times.

Thanks for at least some input. It's insane how few people know our history now. Two day old thread with only five posts, including mine.

Edited by camino_1to3

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

• 3 weeks later...

This thread has been up for over a month and nearly no responses have appreared.

What a damn shame.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode