First I'd like to thank the OP . I downloaded audicity and I am currently checking various song's I have .

It's suprising to see some song's that sound so clear have clipped spots . That waveform deal show's you it very clearly .

I run a few I downloaded and damn major clipping . I then run a bunch from my own personal modified song's I slowed down using Virtual DJ .

The one's I did myself are loud and clear and way away from clipping . I am only using Virtual DJ from now on from what I see . It was easy for me to use also .

I am going to throw away most of my burned cd's and run each song from now on through audicity to get the visual waveform to check for clipping .

Going to be some work but whatever protect's my equipment .

How are you guys saving the picture to show everyone ? I would like to show the difference between my Virtual DJ modified and one variously downloaded .

Edited by Joker

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

It's good to hear even one more person discovering this shadow of a thing called clipping, Joker =)

To save the picture, Press Shift and PrtScrn (its a button up by Scroll Lock [scrLk] and Pause and Break). At this point it's in your clipboard until you cut/copy something else, so open up Photoshop or MSPaint. If you're using MSPaint for example, just go to Edit > Paste! Edit, save as JPG and you're done.

How does this look guys? Someone on here is working on unclipping this song:

guccimaneunclipped.JPG

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

You can detect the subs clipping when it overpowers the highs.

this is a very general statement.

my sub overpowers the highs every time I play a song.

it has nothing to do with the song clipping I just have more powerful low end than I do high end.

:01nocomment8so:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

this is a very general statement.

my sub overpowers the highs every time I play a song.

it has nothing to do with the song clipping I just have more powerful low end than I do high end.

:01nocomment8so:

Hmm. True :tease:

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I blew my interiors because the distortion present in the songs combined with being uneducated about distortion led me to play it above what the speakers are capable of.

That's my point exactly. Why does everyone have be experts in Car Audio to know when to stop turning up the volume? Why is the distortion even present in the music in the first place?

My argument is that anyone involved in music should be educated enough about clipping so that they don't have to leave it up to the consumers to fix their mistakes.

Just to clarify: I agree with what you're saying. I agree that people should know more about music than they do. I just wish the mixtape DJs and a few production companies knew their shit, considering speakers are used to play their music in the first place.

anything that makes a song sound different is distortion, like now the big thing in rap/hip hop is auto tune, alot of rock guitar players intentionaly clip there music to get a different sound out of it