Beware Of Cheapo Relays

Found an old relay I had in my toolbox and decided to share with you guys how pathetic it is. It came with a $10 harbor freight air horn set that I put in my truck and within a few mins of just starting to use it the damn thing broke. I just got a better one from the autoparts store and put it in then, but afterwards I noticed this relay looked different and I found out how cheap the damn this really is, haha.

Looks like a standard bosch style 12v relay.

0415092220.jpg

0415092220a.jpg

But I found out that it pulls apart and look at what's inside.

0415092221a.jpg

Those dumb sonofabitches put a mini relay inside of a standard relay housing, LOL! 40 amp rating my ass. The outside says 40A while the actual mini relay itself clearly says 5A. I'll have to take some close up pics of the writing and post them up later it's just too funny.

So that just goes to show everyone, make sure you get good relays and stay away from the camouflaged pieces of junk.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

HAHAHA thats funny as hell, but thats what u get for going to habor frieght, all there shit is so crappy.. all i buy from there are 1$ screwdrivers, and zip ties, and maybe a wire striper!!! lol still thats funny as hell..

Re Audio

Diamond Audio

Alpine Audio

Rocksford Fosgate

DB Link

smd5.png

Haha, thanks for the support... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the horn works great, it was just the freebie relay that came in the box with it that was a joke.

Harbor freight stuff is good if you know what you're getting and what you're going to do with it. (Says the guy who got pranked by the sneaky chinese company making ghetto relays)

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Seems to me that that's illegal on some levels...

You might be right, what if someone had used that relay and their car burned down because it malfunctioned?

Although it would be hard to sue china. :01nocomment8so:

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

You might be right, what if someone had used that relay and their car burned down because it malfunctioned?

Although it would be hard to sue china. :01nocomment8so:

yeah, good point...that's still wrong on so many levels though

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived