2 15" Mmats Juggernaut In A 2007 Ford Focus

I'm running two 15" MMats Juggernaut on 2 MMats HD 4000.1 @ 1 Ohm

Camera had problems to take the windowflexes, but it's okay. Next time I will make a vid with a track that has a lower bass line and works better in my car

On the Termlab it makes a 150,5 DB with the Track Gangsta Gangsta from Trae

That's cool man. I have a 2001 Focus ZX3 with 2 Nightshade 15's and 2 saz1500d's that put out around 3200 watts rms and I'm doing quite a bit better numbers. I can tell you that the sub and port up combination for that car is not the best option. I would LOVE to see what kind of numbers my car could do with 8K instead of 3K. If you need any help let me know, I'd be glad to give you some tips.

Here is a link to my build on here and there are also a couple of videos too.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=38750

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

That's cool man. I have a 2001 Focus ZX3 with 2 Nightshade 15's and 2 saz1500d's that put out around 3200 watts rms and I'm doing quite a bit better numbers. I can tell you that the sub and port up combination for that car is not the best option. I would LOVE to see what kind of numbers my car could do with 8K instead of 3K. If you need any help let me know, I'd be glad to give you some tips.

very nice

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Race 140-149.9

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Boxing Middleweight Class

Thanks man, but you got the old model of the Ford Focus. My Focus has another form so you can`t compare my setup with yours. And your enclosure is about 1-2 cubes bigger, so it works better. Maybe i will try out a new enclosure with the Ports back to see what happens, but i'm happy with the actual setup because it plays fucking brutal.

Thanks man, but you got the old model of the Ford Focus. My Focus has another form so you can`t compare my setup with yours. And your enclosure is about 1-2 cubes bigger, so it works better. Maybe i will try out a new enclosure with the Ports back to see what happens, but i'm happy with the actual setup because it plays fucking brutal.

Yes I do have a little bit older model but there's not really that much difference in the interior size and layout. I know for a fact that the same style setup that I have in my ZX3 will work in the same year as yours because I talk to another competitor that has a 2007 and only has a single DD 9515 and 4K watts and does a 151.1 on the dash. His setup is similar to mine but only one 15.

The fact that my box is 1-2 cubes bigger than yours isn't helping me one bit. A smaller box equals less impedence rise and therefore more power. More power equals more spl. I'm telling you it's because you have both the woofer and port up in that car. That does NOT work well. The only reason it's as loud as it is is because you have so much damn power on the subs. I did a 145.7 with 2 12's with the port and subs up. I then made a new box with the subs up and port back and did a 148.1 with no other changes. That's a 2.3 db gain and I GUARANTEE that you will see a similar increase in your score if you do the same. I just tried to offer you some friendly advice but if you don't want it then figure it out on your own while my 3200 watts is destroying my car.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Yes I do have a little bit older model but there's not really that much difference in the interior size and layout. I know for a fact that the same style setup that I have in my ZX3 will work in the same year as yours because I talk to another competitor that has a 2007 and only has a single DD 9515 and 4K watts and does a 151.1 on the dash. His setup is similar to mine but only one 15.

The fact that my box is 1-2 cubes bigger than yours isn't helping me one bit. A smaller box equals less impedence rise and therefore more power. More power equals more spl. I'm telling you it's because you have both the woofer and port up in that car. That does NOT work well. The only reason it's as loud as it is is because you have so much damn power on the subs. I did a 145.7 with 2 12's with the port and subs up. I then made a new box with the subs up and port back and did a 148.1 with no other changes. That's a 2.3 db gain and I GUARANTEE that you will see a similar increase in your score if you do the same. I just tried to offer you some friendly advice but if you don't want it then figure it out on your own while my 3200 watts is destroying my car.

yomp yomp..listen to this guy he knows what hes talkin about...

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

This is the new Focus: http://picture.yatego.com/images/45194cac6...t%FCrer_neu.jpg

An that's the old: http://www.drivefavoritecar.com/includes/i...Focus_Forum.jpg

Can't believe that the cars work the same but when some people tested it out with the same equipment and damping then i have no problem to believe it. Like i said i will test it out. But my problem is that I can't build the enclosure with nearly the same dimensions like yours because the trunk has another design than the older Focus.

The 150,5 is measured with a music song. With a burp and the right frequency I would find some more DBs i think. For DB Drag in the street classes you're right. There its sometimes better with a small enclosure. But for music a bigger box is the most time better because it is way more efficient.

Sorry for my bad english. I come from germany...

Ahhh, that makes complete sense now. Your from Germany and the Focus that you have isn't the same as the one that we have. Here is a pic of a 2007 ZX3 from here in the states.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_popup.js...p;isStock=false

It's pretty much identical as the older ZX3's. I know for a fact that the Euro model is different. What works in my car may not help in yours, but as far as spl my box is larger and is holding back my score. If I were to build a smaller box then I would definately see an increase in spl.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Yeah the cars are different. And like I said, my SPL Score is surely higher if I would measure with single note. But that doesn't interest me. I always measure with normal music tracks (mostly crunk or HipHop). And you have to keep in mind that you nearly have a wall in your trunk. I can't build my enclosure as high as you did because the form of my trunk is completely different than yours. But much respect for your system. Works pretty good like I see in the vids.

Edit: I know the model you have. But in Germany it's only called focus (and not ZX3). I owned one for nearly three years (with an Atomic APXX 15" and a JBL Crown BPx 2200.1 (and for a time a Hifonics Colossus XI Final Edition) and now my brother owns the car. Works perfect with 270000 kilometers. Very good car.

Archived