Second Skin Audio

Ssd Vs Lvl3 Vs L7.....12inch Form

solo z

as the title says folks! just wondering which of these bad boys will give me the DEEPEST & LOUDESS results.....not worried about SQ in this design at all really.... its only a few bucks give or take between these 3 SUBS

L7 - i know alot of people will $hit on it but i think its a decent performer with more than average cone area....

SSD w/options - alot of people say this gets alot louder than the Q but just doesnt sounds as good doing so. and i know Q's wang from personal experience.....

LVL3 - well i dont know much about this speaker but i kno DC makes good stuff and the specs on the sub itself isnt to shabby. only thing that throws me off is its 600rms rating. im sure a little more can be thrown at it on the other hand......

chambers will be about 2.2-2.6 cubes each in a truck car

edit: oh yea....i guess a good plus for the SSD/LVL3 is the recone ability! not to sure what someone would do with a busted kicker then turn it into a paper weight lol

edit: oh yea....i guess a good plus for the SSD/LVL3 is the recone ability! not to sure what someone would do with a busted kicker then turn it into a paper weight lol

sonic electronix has recone kits for the kickers, I'd go for the DCs though.

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

kicker will be the loudest if you throw it the rms ratings.

but i've fed a ssd with no options a clean 1200 rms before and it took it for months.

if you get all the options and feed it a clean 1000 or a little more rms it will be better than the kicker.

Archived