well thanks for not getting yoru tit all twisted by my comment. the doors look good in the end. how many layers of mat did you lay down?

some smaller pods you don't even need to do multiple layer in. the fleece is thick enough once resin'd up good. but your stuff has alot of flat and/or minimal curve surface areas.

NEUMAN

Well it was my first "big" fiberglass project, so I laid two layers of mat for strength because I didn't know what the sub was gonna do. I know they're only gettin 100W each, but that's still potential for damage if I didn't make it strong enough.

I think it's better to overkill on strength anyways! I should be powering up the doors here soon, so we'll see what we're looking at.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Damn bro can't wait to see this, should be crazy. Keep up the good work man, I try to look at all your build threads, the doors look good to me

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

So mother nature decided that she would only give me 20 minutes of no rain every day this week... It's been slow, but I found a lot more time since a bunch of the classes I have to review for deployment are short. :)

Here's the latest update, and there will be more tonight as this post is my "break".

Doors are on and look great! I only had one small blemish on the passenger side, but the driver side was perfect!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Took out the gauges and cleaned up everything under the dash since it looked like shit before.

Posted Image

The original plan was an amp rack in the car, but some new tricks allowed me more space in the back, so I'll use this as a battery rack.

Posted Image

For those of you who have seen my other builds, you know I was hasty and didn't do it right the first time. I think you'll see better quality in this box than before. I measured a thousand times, left some play, and adjusted to perfection.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And while I was waiting on glue to dry, I went ahead and wrapped/painted the back panels for fun.

Posted Image

[email protected]

Hey what part of indiana are u from>? give me a call if u need any help with ur build, i got the silver pt, i was thinkin of gettin rid of the carbon hood and doors put not sure, PM me if u need anythin bro.

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

Hey what part of indiana are u from>? give me a call if u need any help with ur build, i got the silver pt, i was thinkin of gettin rid of the carbon hood and doors put not sure, PM me if u need anythin bro.

Dude, a helping hand would be amazing! If you're free today, this is almost my last day to build. A little tomorrow, but mostly packing and gear inventory. ygpm

[email protected]

Lunch break time. Here's some more that's done since the last post.

If there's anything I've learned from SMD, it's make your box STRONG AS FUCK. Something I never paid attention to before, but this has to withstand 20kW after the upgrade after I come home.

The future plan is to change out all the batteries to 16V and have dbLinc make my brackets for another alt, use my four 4kws at 16V on 16 LVL4 10s. I'm just hoping the MAX width of 43.25" will allow for those 10s to fit. :(

Top piece in. 3.5" thick

Posted Image

Rear bracing on, but not done.

Posted Image

Side bracing almost done as well

Posted Image

I'll put another layer of .75 on it after lunch. The insides will be either 45s on the edges or 90 degree sonotube cuts and the walls will be glassed with a few layers of mat.

My goal today is to have the enclosure built. After bracing, I start the skeleton for the baffles.

[email protected]

you've come along way my friend hope this new build turns out how you like it haha wish i was closer cause i'd give you a hand but your like 5948059 miles away

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived