Is 18 Volt Good For Everyday

Enersys make great batteries, I use them in my Street SPL car (Datasafe High discharge models)

They like a high voltage though, I charge mine at 15.3v trickle and 17v boost charge...

Yep good solid batts, cost me peanuts too 600AH @ 14V for £75 (aprox $105) cant complain :D Coming up in a build thread soon! Have 2 customers walls to finish first though :lol:

i'm sure it can but once the amp starts draining from those batts the alternator will only be able to hold the battery at 14.4 volts.

those batteries will not last if they are always down that low.

I think if you have to ask if it is safe to run 18v then you should NOT be running 18v

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I think if you have to ask if it is safe to run 18v then you should NOT be running 18v

x2.

im not as much worried bout it being safe as to can it be done with a 14 volt alt,, im questioning what the audio shop is doing,,, the amp wants hi voltage an puts out its most power at 18 volt,,, i was more concerned with it being possible with my alt,,, it wont be effecting my yukons electrical system

to answer your question point blank.

you should not run 18 volt batteries with a 12 volt alternator.

get 16 volt batteries and a 18 volt alternator.

anything higher than 18 volts will throw your amp into protect.

and to use 18 volt batteries daily you would need a 19+ volt alternator.

it would work if it were a true 18 volt system.

which is 16 volt batteries and 18 volt charge.

and if you're going to be running this daily 18v will not be a good idea cause it's going to put a lot more wear and tear on your amplifiers, 18 volt is more for bass race.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Archived