Chuck Iced?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Chuck Liddell retire?

• Yes, he is washed up
    • No, he just needs to get his shit together!
    • No, he could still kick Titos ass!
    • No, I enjoy watching him get knocked out!

MAIN EVENT

:aggressive:

CHAMP ANDERSON SILVA VS. THALES LEITES

Round 1 - Silva waits with his hands at his sides early in the fight. The first punch isn't thrown until a minute and 10 seconds into the round, and Silva misses wide with it. Leites goes with a kick that Silva stuffs. The crowd boos mightily as Silva remains extremely patient. Silva stalks and considers throwing a punch, but he's backed off when Leites fakes a flying knee. Halfway through the round, there's been virtually no offense. Silva finally lands a leg kick and then partially blocks Leites' high kick. Silva again stalks but throws no punches. Silva throws an uppercut that's blocked and then trips Leites with a leg kick and stands over him. The referee lets him back up, and Leites grabs a leg looking for the takedown. After fighting for it, he briefly tkaes the fight to the mat. Silva gets back to his feet, and the fighters clinch against the cage as a dreadfully bizarre first round comes to a close. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Silva.

Round 2 - Both fighters are again slow to engage, and Silva doesn't throw his first kick until 30 seconds in. Leites catches the next one and puts Silva on his back. He frees a leg and works from half guard. He looks to improve the position, but Silva ties up his leg. Leites throw a short punch, but Silva reclaims full guard. Leites can't do anything with the position as Silva clings to him from below. A few hammerfists do little damage, and and when Leites stands over his opponent, Silva just misses an upkick. Silva works his way free, and we're back standing. Silva simply stands in front of Leites with hands at his side. If he's waiting to counter, Leites isn't giving him the opportunity. Silva again goes into stalking mode and backs Leites against the cage, but he doesn't throw anything. The crowd rightfully boos what's turning out to be a mockery of a main event. Leites throws a body kick that's blocked, and both fighters whiff on looping punches. Silva goes with a kick that's blocked, lands a leg kick and closes out the round showered in boos. MMAjunkie.com scores the round 10-9 for Leites, though it's hard to award a round to two fighters who aren't fighting.

Round 3 - A touch of gloves gets the third round underway, and Leites throws a leg kick. Silva blocks it and swings with a right and then knocks Leites off balance. Silva stands over him but opts not to do anything about it and lets Leites back up. Leites again trips to the mat when the fighters collide. Silva throws leg kick while standing over him and throws a hammerfists at his shins. Weird gets even weirder. After the referee allows Leites back up, he shoots for a single-leg takedown and then tries to pull guard. He misses, and Leites ends up on his back. Silva waits for him to get back up and then throws some leg kicks. Leites fakes a shoot, and the fighters trade leg kicks. Leites fails on another shot, and Silva walks away as he stands back up. Silva again stalks Leites and then clinches and throws him to the mat. The crowd boos, and Leites is allowed to stand again. The fighters trade low kicks before Silva goes high with one. Silva starts to connect on some punches and sneaks through an uppercut that connects. The jabs and leg kicks continue is Silva follows him around the cage. When Leites misses another takedown attempt, Silva turns his back and walks away. Leites shoots again and fails, and the referee allows him back up. MMAjunkie.com scores another odd round for Silva, 10-9.

Round 4 - We now enter championship-round terriroty with round four. Leites thinks about shooting but backs off when Silva scrambles away. Silva lands some low kicks and continues chopping away with front and side kicks to his opponent's shins. Silva starts bobbing his head like a dope and snapping off leg kicks. He's clearly toying with Leites now. Leites misses on a high kick. Silva answers with one that partially connects. Silva throws another front kick to the shin, apparently content with trying to break a leg. Silva throws leg kicks and short punches until Leites clinches and again tries to force the fight to the mat. Silva stuffs it and again throws side kicks to the shins. The people who paid perfectly good money for their seats let out some more boos. The pace slows, and "boring! boring!" chants fill the arena. Leites shoots and fails, and Silva stands over him and taunts him while slapping away his legs. Dreadful. Just dreadful. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Silva.

Round 5 - Thankfully, this trainwreck is about over. A touch of gloves gets us underway, and Silva lands a leg kick. Leites becomes a little more aggressive, but neither fighter lands or even throws much. Leites shoots for the takedown, Silva avoids it, Leites again grabs a leg, but Silva collapses on top of him. Silva, though, gets back to his feet and waits for the referee to stand Leites. Back on the mat somehow, and hey look, Silva's throwing punches. Oh wait, he backs off and allows Leites to do the same. Perfectly reasonable "Bullsh--!" chants fill the arena with two-and-a-half minutes to go. Silva walks around and considers engaging before throwing a few jabs and fending off the latest Leites' takedown attempt. "GSP! GSP!" chants now rain down as we all think of better times. Leites shoots. He misses. And Silva swarms in! Oh wait, no he didn't. He backs off and waits for Leites to get back up. Silva catches a high kick and knocks Leites to the mat. Once back up Leites now has a steady flow of blood coming from his nose. Honestly, I'm bored even typing this. I can only imagine how the people must feel he dished money for their tickets and traveled hundreds of miles. Anyway, MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Silva, and this debacle is finally over.

Anderson Silva def. Thales Leites via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 50-46).

:01nocomment8so:

Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Silva you fag! Get on the ground with him. Crappy fight. All he is doing is kicking legs.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Sounds like yet another boring ass Anderson Silva fight to me. It's gonna be difficult for Dana White to continue to market this guy as the worlds best pound for pound fighter if he keeps this shit up. Hell, Chuck getting knocked out was more exciting than that shit!

Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The silva fight was horrid.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

like was said - I guess he was just looking for the "W" to get the wins in a row record. It was just enough to win, if you can call it that. It was a good fight when they were on the ground for alittle bit. It would have been great to see two black belts go at it and earn the win.

they talked about him dropping down and fighting GSP but if he doesn 't actually fight why bother.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

I'm offshore right now @ work. I guess I'll have to download it when I get home. Updates would be awesome though!

If you find a download, let me know. I'd like to see the rest.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I'll download it when I get home next week but it will probably be available tomorrow afternoon. I use MIRC and www.packetnews.com for my search engine.

Here is a zip file with MIRC setup & instructions.

MIRC

UFC 97 should be up by tomorrow afternoon.

dj2q.jpg

liddel will continue to fight because he will sell tickets in any fight he is in. Dana White is a business man therefore he will continue to match him up i think liddel will continue until he wins one then he may retire... but seriously everybody saying silva didn't do good needs to shut up because he won and i think leites is really the one that needs to be getting shit not silva... he did his job as a fighter... maybe not as an entertainer but as a fighter who wants to win

fuck the consequences ain't nothin to a boss