Batcap Vs Kinetik

to add onto what chris said,

i would go with kinetik, mainly because you can find them a little cheaper... :P

B.I.N.G.O

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i228_de...-batteries.html

oops, didnt see you already had the linky...

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I dont really see how 80 amp alt will uphold that kind of power, i am not an xpert or anything but i dont see how that would work. I dont know how batteries effect the electrical system and amps being drawn, and i especially dont know how 2 3 or even 6 batteries work. But i do know how to do ohms law and figure out if the alternator is enough. I mean my alt was 90 amps and dimmed bad on 900 watts of input power to my amp. But someone on this forum runs a crazy system where his system draws way more power then his alt can put out and it works, he said he doesnt know how it works either. I think it was scratchy

Baylor University

Accounting

How about Meade guys... Each of his amps draw 300amps x4 =1200amps not to mention the other 2 rockford amps which draw about 150 each. 1200+300=1500amps rms But he only has dual 300amp alts right... Yes but along with a yellowtop and 6 more huge batteries in the back wired in parallel. All his current to run his system is coming from the extra batteries, and the runs on 1/0gauge from up front are only being used to charge them. A factory alternator is capable of charging 2 batteries but no more. Also, note that Steve cannot leave his system cranked for a solid hour since there is no way he can produce the current supply needed even when having the engine over 2k rpm unless he had triple 400 amp alts like Mr. Iraggi.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

and wat is the big 3? jus new power wire from alt to battery and then new gnds for the battery and alternator to the frame?

Big three would be =

1. Running 0/1 gauge from battery + to Alternator +

2. Running 0/1 gauge from Battery - to frame

3. RUnning 0/1 gauge from alternator braket to frame

pics form my last car

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

yea how do you factor in batteries, like i know you can calculate how many amps you are pulling for your system and compare it to your alternator but when you add batteries how much power does that add to your electrical capablities. Like if you have a 90 amp alt, but 2 big batteries and your system alone is trying to pull 90 amps by itself, how do you factor in the batteries and how mcuh power they are supplying and total how many amps your electrical system is capable of with those batteries

Baylor University

Accounting

Adding a second or even a third battery should be fine given that what you have now is working correctly. If your Alt is 100% working, AND you have a pretty good battery to work with, Then adding more batteries will not kill your system, it will however make it work harder. You will shorten the life of your alt over time.

Don't be fooled into that a given system will pull maxx amps from your charging system all the time. myself, Steve and others will demo at full tilt then take it back down after a min or 2 Not only to give our coils a break but it's to give our charging systems a break as well.

I run a stock alt that charges 20 batteries daily. Granted it will take a lot longer for me to charge my system with a stock alt over the smae setup with a HO alt or 2 or 3.

I doubt there is anyone who will bump there system at full tilt all day, and if you do then the systems not big enough to worry about frying your alt.

With that being said I think both tha Batcap and the Kinetik are fine products, both have been proven time and time again. Go with what you can afford and what will fit your budget

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived