Not At All Impressed With Setup After Box #3! Opinions Needed!

Hi. Where did you get that box tuning program??????????????????

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry569214

Its a Kick ass little program, alot easier than the12v.com's

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Ok i get long winded in posts but please try and follow me cuzz im getting rather pissed off..

Box 1. Sealed 5.1ft^3....sounded like shit

Box 2. 6.02cf^3 with 3 4in dia ports at 12in long...1 port in top 1 in each end, was loud as hell OUTSIDE the truck/behind the headrests.

box 3. Same as above but 3 4in ports in the top at 9in long.... lost all output,way out of Freq. range for these subs im assuming.

Im kinda tired of spending all this money so if you have any input please spit it out there.

3 power acoustik FUBAR 12w subs

Powerzone 1500.1 Series/Par. for 2.3ohm before bridging.

Its in an Extended caab 94 GMC seira.

Current Box(port location changed today)

And box i have in mind this time around from Exosprts calc(thnx man)

DSC01751.jpg

box-1.jpg

you can not brige that amp. you are only seeing at most 200 watts to each sub. i have one of those amps and out the are not as powerful after you beat on them all the time.

----reference's----

meade916

you can not brige that amp. you are only seeing at most 200 watts to each sub. i have one of those amps and out the are not as powerful after you beat on them all the time.

Well fuck me running, that would explain a whole lot.

I feel really stupid now, monoblock.. 1 channel what the hell ya gonna bridge too?.

Hey boon wanna do one up for 2 subs..lol

Im glad someone pointed that out, i gotta think now, what to do what to do..hmmm

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

Well fuck me running, that would explain a whole lot.

I feel really stupid now, monoblock.. 1 channel what the hell ya gonna bridge too?.

Hey boon wanna do one up for 2 subs..lol

Im glad someone pointed that out, i gotta think now, what to do what to do..hmmm

Sure, I'm not using a laptop touchpad on a bed now so it should be pretty easy, haha.

2x12truck.jpg

6 cubes net (around 5 after displacement) 60 square inches of port, tuned ~36hz

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i got a design for ya... just gotta wait till tomorrow for me to sober up and get dimentions for ya... (design was made while sober)

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

thanks so much guys, i cant believe i did that with the amp.. Ill go down to 2 subs for now, this is a bummer..

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

Ok so i got thinking i was way to burnt or something and went over my reciept.. I ordered (3) PAF12WD2 and recieved (3)PAF12WD4.It seems from Net serching the new model is offered in a 2ohm setup not the ones i have.The dust cap is different.

So i ordered dual 2ohms, for a 1.3 ohm load... Just an excuse to buy 3 more like i planned i guess. 6 in a wall might just have to happen sooner than later.

Is there any thing a little easier for a total newb to play with other than Sketup? (im assuming thats the program from the blue color)

I can actually do somewhat decent sketches with plain ol' paint, but something more scale would be nice so i can stop harassing you guys for em.. lol

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s