Huge Multi Band Equalizer

ok...so ive kinda looked...nothin really in depth, i figured someone here could help me out.....a friend of mine owns a bar....and when he bought it from the previous owner still had all the audio/video in it...and it consists of 8 15's that are in great shape...the amps that are in great shape...but then he has one of the huge multi band mixer/equalizers....just wondering....does anyone know where you can buy the equalizers/mixers or whatever you call them like that??

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

eq and mixer are too different things.

A eq equalizes the audio levels. the higher band count the more precise sound you can get.

A mixer is made for fading 2+ audio signals together with the ability to adjust each audio signals volume and fade song to song etc.

You can buy both at Pro Sound and Stage lighting. I delt with them alot when i was younger messing with home audio and special effect lighting.

www.pssl.com

Also Another good brand I really liked was carvin, There prices are cheaper on most things then your standard brand name audio gear, but the quality is top notch. http://www.carvinguitars.com/proaudio.php

Otherwise as far as mixers. Stay away from gemini, stanton but behringer and numark is a tad better, but the cheapest Id personally go would be american dj or american audio whatever they call themselfs now, just for reliabilty reasons.

Otherwise you got denon, rane, and pioneer that make some kick ass mixers as well as a few others but been outta the game for a while.

You can get a basic mixer around 150$ or even spend upwards of 1500, it depends on the features needed for the application.

Some mixers also have built in EQs too, but there only 7-11 band eqs, where as a rack mount eq is usally 15-30bands per channel for something decent.

Edited by Bangin Caddy

also, make sure to check the input/output size on the current eq if he is getting a new one or watever.

I know alot of pa stereos are 1/4 inch plugs I wanna say for your amp signal cables, but then you look at some mixers/eq's and they are only rca outputs/inputs, sometimes they have both for inputs/outputs.

But make sure to check what the current setup is and what he orders, if needed adapter cables can be bought to go from 1 style to the other, or be made simple enough too :)

also, make sure to check the input/output size on the current eq if he is getting a new one or watever.

I know alot of pa stereos are 1/4 inch plugs I wanna say for your amp signal cables, but then you look at some mixers/eq's and they are only rca outputs/inputs, sometimes they have both for inputs/outputs.

But make sure to check what the current setup is and what he orders, if needed adapter cables can be bought to go from 1 style to the other, or be made simple enough too :)

ok, sounds good i appreciate all the help...i told him i could find somewhere to get it tonight...tomorrow im goin up there lookin at what he has...and showin him all the choices he has to choose from...any more questions ill be back :)...thanks again!

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

G'day bloke,

Could you please grab me a photo of the mixing console to aid in identification and possibly I can assist you in what may be a good replacement. If the console only has 1/4" inputs and outputs, it is worth replacing anyway as no man, women, dog or assorted sex mammal/reptile will touch the thing with a barge pole.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

G'day bloke,

Could you please grab me a photo of the mixing console to aid in identification and possibly I can assist you in what may be a good replacement. If the console only has 1/4" inputs and outputs, it is worth replacing anyway as no man, women, dog or assorted sex mammal/reptile will touch the thing with a barge pole.

Cheers,

Mick

i lol'd

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

G'day bloke,

Cheers,

Mick

haha! yea i was supposed to go over there today but he was busy, but tomorrow i should be able to run and grab a pic for you!

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

G'day bloke,

Cheers,

Mick

Quoted for truth. XLR is where it's at. Most modern gear is going to have XLR.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

G'day bloke,

Cheers,

Mick

ha, beat me to it.

xlr or bust.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters