Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have one 12" sub right now in a ported box that I built. I'm thinking about getting two tens and sealing them about 1 ft^3 each. I have a 2 channel amp. Its 500wrms X 1 channel at 4 ohms but the sub I have now is wired at 8 ohms. It can do 250wrms X 2 @2 ohms. It is only 2 ohm stable for 2 subs.

Will two tens sealed at 250wrms X 2 @ 2 ohms be as loud but tighter than

one twelve ported at ?wrms X 1 @ 8 ohms?

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Posted

Well at 8 ohms youre only getting around 250 watts anyway. So yes it would be significantly louder. Twice the power and some added cone area.

Actually, its a sony amp. So you'll get around 200 watts per sub. But either way I'd go with 2 subs at 2 ohms rather than 1 sub at 8.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Posted
Well at 8 ohms youre only getting around 250 watts anyway. So yes it would be significantly louder. Twice the power and some added cone area.

Actually, its a sony amp. So you'll get around 200 watts per sub. But either way I'd go with 2 subs at 2 ohms rather than 1 sub at 8.

Could I wire each of my voice coils to a channel on my amp to make 200wrms x 2 channels @ 4 ohms? Seems like it would work.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Posted

I dunno about the specs on the sub or amp. But if the amp puts out 200w at 4 ohms x2, and the sub is dvc 4 ohm, then yes you can do that. It's not the preferred method, but it'll work fine. Should sound a hell of a lot better.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Posted
i have wired a sub up like this before and it worked fine.

So the amp will never send a different signal to each of the channels pulling the voice coils in two different directions at once?

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Posted

No, not unless you're listening to some wierd techno of something that switches back a forth between chanels like the sometimes do using stereo but even then you shouldnt have a problem.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Posted

I rewired it this way today. Its a little more clear and maybe a little louder. It def doesnt sound like an extra 150 watts. Overall it was worth the 15 minutes or so of work.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1424 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...