Second Skin Audio

Sub Got A Little Hot.

time to clarify

he tuned the gain with the "bass boost" up he said.

besides that RF is different. its not a bass boost its a frequency booster. (lol, bass is a frequency, its a bass boost, u just get to pick at what hz/frequency/bassnote)

a little hot shouldn't matter as long as you are not continuously doing that.

and are you still breaking your sub in?

You dont think im pushing too many watts to it? my birthsheet is at 1400 at about 14.4 volts. (im at about 14.1-14.2.) ok, u dont set ur amp gain with the highest birthsheet wattage... lol... that amp isnt gonna produce that unless it has no voltage drop(hence the 14.4 rated power) try setting gain at 1200w... with 0 bass boost... and use a -5/-6db sine wave... this should give some overlap... -3 might not be enough
I push 1500 watts on mine between 14 and 14.4 volts.

we got the same options I think I just got bigger size.

smelling them means that you are pushing them too hard and the glue will soon melt along with the coil... of course that is if you let it go for too long. again same thing, just cause its a rft1000bd with a birthsheet of 1500w doesnt mean u set ur gain voltage for that

and when you use a bass boost, and turn it up when setting gains... ur adding to the signal strenth of that frequency... so the lows or highs might not be loud enough then if you used no bass boost and turn the gain up a bit more... that way more frequencies are affected by the increase

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

sorry if this isnt what you mean, but. I had my gain knob turned higher at the start, cuz it was louder (with the knob). But i didnt want to risk my shit so i turned it down to half. So i think i gave it "headroom".

kind of but still honestly I would say between the combination of Rockford and Fi you shouldn't have problems with downloaded mp3's giving you clipping that will ruin anything unless of course you download slim thug boss of all bosses album.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

I know its a frequency lol I was typing too fast and didn't put bass in.

RF has a different type of remote than others.

I set my amp for less after taking in to consideration what you said.

theres no way I can keep 14.4 on a stock alt.

I also set my remote for the lowest setting since I don't boost any other frequency.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

kind of but still honestly I would say between the combination of Rockford and Fi you shouldn't have problems with downloaded mp3's giving you clipping that will ruin anything unless of course you download slim thug boss of all bosses album.

haha i pounded that all the way from today from sac to stockton.

windows down FTW dunno if it got smelly or not lol

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace

time to clarify

and when you use a bass boost, and turn it up when setting gains... ur adding to the signal strenth of that frequency... so the lows or highs might not be loud enough then if you used no bass boost and turn the gain up a bit more... that way more frequencies are affected by the increase

So should i reset my gain. WITH the bass knob all the way down? so would that mean that the gain knob will be turned up higher?

Asking him about the heating of he sub?

So should i reset my gain. WITH the bass knob all the way down? so would that mean that the gain knob will be turned up higher?

u can do as u please, some songs are recorded lower, so its nice to be able to turn it up, but it takes a decent ear to know how many dbs on the knob u can add before ur causing excess heat... remember... the amp is creating the dc wave... so it gets hot along with the sub usually... thats a good tell tale sign u have either big voltage drops so its pulling more amps, which means more heat... or theres a dirty signal... which causes heat build up too

food for thought

osciloscope is one of the best audio tools you can have

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

u can do as u please, some songs are recorded lower, so its nice to be able to turn it up, but it takes a decent ear to know how many dbs on the knob u can add before ur causing excess heat... remember... the amp is creating the dc wave... so it gets hot along with the sub usually... thats a good tell tale sign u have either big voltage drops so its pulling more amps, which means more heat... or theres a dirty signal... which causes heat build up too

food for thought

osciloscope is one of the best audio tools you can have

My amp was hot too, but using my dmm i wasnt having big voltage drops, I'll redo it tommorow and get u guys numbers