Second Skin Audio

W7 Not Bumping Like It Should...help

i got your back bro. www.dcsoundlab.com that will fix all of you problems bruddy!

no matter what sub he has its not going to fix human error. check JLs web site. it will give you all the instructions on how to setup your amp. there has to be a problem there with the settings on the amp.

2007 Acura TSX

Stock Navigation

Rockford 360.2 (FOR SALE)

Sundown SAZ3500

2 12" DC Sound Lab LvL4 @2ohm

JL 600/4

2 Sets of Focal 165K2P

I have the sub set the jls specs...should I have the bass eq on or off in my situation...and I tried resetting the output on my eql, but for some reason it seems like my 500/1 isn't getting enough juice to run the sub... I have to turn the lowpass on my 24xs all the way up just to get decent sound and my gain on the amp is about 3/4s up....could this be an amp problem or what is the best way to see if the amp is running right???

Edited by neutman21

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

i got your back bro. www.dcsoundlab.com that will fix all of you problems bruddy!

x2

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

What does x2 mean?

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Throw another amp in there. If the other amp sounds like shit too then its something with your head unit. I doubt it's the box, it doesn't sound like a box issue especially a sealed box. You said it made the minimum 200mv. That is a terribly low input level. Low input level signal requires a cranked gain. Cranked gain equals CLIPPING and DISTORTION. H/U may be your problem or you amp is fucked. More than likely it sounds like your low level input voltage is too low. Had that problem a long time ago when I was a nube and still using stocks off of the deck and then trying to run two big sub amps with a Y'ed 500mv signal. Everything tested okay until I played it. Then the subs were working but sounded aweful and were moving a lot with barely any sound. Line driver fixed it for me. Might need to look into that.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

It might be your headunit.

I found that out last night when my Type-R's weren't bumping like they should EVEN THOUGH they were getting plenty of volts.

Replaced my Kenwood KDC-MP332 with Alpine CDE-102 and I'm happy as hell!!!! My speakers are crisp, the subs are clean, louder, and deeper, and now I can use my USB flash drive. Sickk =)

I just got my jl audio 10w7 today and for some reason it does not bump like it should...before I put the w7 in, I had tried an earthquake magma 12 and it wasn't hitting like it should either...I figured it wasnt working right because of the 6 ohm impedance on the 500/1 while wired in a series and I didn't test it wired in parallel. So I read the trouble shooting on the 500/1 and it said to test the amps input voltage with a test tone cd to see if it is receiving from 200mv to 5v and it was receiving close to the minimum. I then checked the speaker outputs to see if it was receiving the right amount of voltage and it was....set to 38.7 for the w7... I tried dicking with the eql and increasing the input and output voltages they way audiocontrol said and I adjusted them according to my 500/1. I could tell the increase in the sub sound, but it sounds like crap... and it isn't loud at all... I have no idea what could be wrong with it.. because it should be receiving the right voltage according to the tests I did, but its not putting out the sound a w7 should....could my amp be messed up??? my equipment is shown below...please help out if possible...Thanks.

this.

Are you sure you just arent making shitty boxes?

and probably this.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Ok, I feel like an idot, the Loudness needed to be turned on...my neighbor who works on stereos knew right away what it was....

He also told me that I didn't need the eql that I had since jl audio amps don't work good with equalizers... Im probably going to keep the eql and use it to clean up my mids and highs...or should I just use my 24xs as my crossover??? or should I ditch both of them??? any thoughts on that???

Edited by neutman21

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Ok, I feel like an idot, the Loudness needed to be turned on...my neighbor who works on stereos knew right away what it was....

been there done that

what loudness setting?... i use highs setting

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D