Second Skin Audio

Dd Vs. Dc No Arguing And No Biased Opinions

DC has limited options in coil configurations (dual 2 or dual 4 ohm) that im aware off.

DD offers many coil configurations which makes it easy to fight impedance rise to get the most power out of your amp(s). Quad and Dual voice coils in .5 ohm, 1 ohm, 1.5 ohm, 2 ohm, 4 ohm.

you can custom order coil configurations with dc.. atleast i did. but im sure if you ask rusty he will.. i like dc.. i never heard dd so i cant really compare.

four sundown 3500s

four IA death penalties 18 in

in a chevy 1500

BTW...Topics like this are stupid as Fuck!

:8)

Well thanks for your opinion even though you say my topic is stupid ass FUCK, but I just wanted to know which sub would be better for a street setup not strictly for metering before I spend my money. I'm not one of those people that just post topics and never follow through. I never heard DC subs before and I was looking for some insight before I buy. I've heard DD I liked what I heard but wanted to know what would be better for my setup. I just wanted some honest opinions that people experesended to help me make my decision I thought that was what this site was for. But either way I know I will have a nice setup thats why I said I didn't want any arguments. I know people on this fourm run DC and I know People run DD. I just wanted to know a few hard facts about each before I make a decision. And if I offended anyone by posting this topic please just pass it by that wasn't my objective

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

DC has limited options in coil configurations (dual 2 or dual 4 ohm) that im aware off.

DD offers many coil configurations which makes it easy to fight impedance rise to get the most power out of your amp(s). Quad and Dual voice coils in .5 ohm, 1 ohm, 1.5 ohm, 2 ohm, 4 ohm.

you can custom order coil configurations with dc.. atleast i did. but im sure if you ask rusty he will.. i like dc.. i never heard dd so i cant really compare.

Very good point!

I want to thank everyone that posted I greatly appreciate it. And Im sorry If I worded any post or reply wrong to offend anyone I just wanted a lil help making a decision I really did't want to start an argument but If the moderators think it will starrt one please lock it.

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 batteries (installed)

bang080.jpg

For 2k per sub I think you should be looking at the lv4xl instead of the lv5. I was sending 1500w to a 10'' lv4xl and it took it like a champ and most definitely could handle 2000w all day long...and it sounded pretty damn good too!

Yeah I know what your saying about the lvl4's but I plan on upgraging my amps in the near future to So I just wanted to get some subs that would take a upgrade so i wouldn't have to buy more subs later as well!!! thanks man

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 batteries (installed)

bang080.jpg

My lvl 4 xl 18's handled 4kw each daily and for BR, and i liked them enough to get them turned into 10's and will try some street b with them!

DC has amazing products and you cannot beat the customer service, rusty is a fing superhero :)

Edited by mr.p

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP